A Date .... Except Not Really

Amy's POV

A month or so had gone by since Bellatrix and I's break up . Things had gotten easier but it still hurt to even look at her much to my annoyance .

"Amy the Yule ball is tomorrow and you still don't have anyone to go with . I get it you and Black have broken up but it's been months now . Just pick a random sod for the Yule ball"
James said with a grin .

I glared at him slightly before laughing .

"Which random sod do you suggest?"
I asked

"Well Judging by what you've told us Black clearly still cares for you . So its obvious . You pick the person that would piss her off the most"
Marlene intervened .

I thought about this and Instantly knew who I would have to take to the Yule ball .

"Well if that's the case I already know who I'm going to have to pick"

"Let me guess that Beauxbaton girl . What was her name ? Flora ?"
Sirius chuckled .

"I think you mean Florence and unfortunately yes her"

I internally cringed as this meant I would have to take Florence to the Yule ball . As much as I disliked Florence I had to admit she was a perfect opportunity to get a reaction out of Bellatrix or even better make Bellatrix jealous .

Florence however was more than delighted when she found out about Bellatrix and I's split . In fact she wouldn't leave me alone . The other week her friends had to literally pry her hands off me .

***************

Merlin ! I'm going to regret this .

I walked towards Florence and saw all her friends nudging her and grinning . What a load of pansies !

"Hi Amy"
Florence said attempting a seductive grin . She failed miserably .

"Hey Florence . So I was wondering"

I felt sick as I spoke to her in a sickly sweet voice matching her own .

"You was wondering if I was going to come to the Yule ball with you ? Yes of course I will . I knew your head would turn sooner or later . I'm just too irresistible."

She was far from irresistible and my head certainly didn't turn but I can't tell her that not until after the Yule ball or at least till after Bellatrix has seen me with her .