The Break-up

(Third person, Hermione POV)

Hermione knocks gently on the door to the room of requirement.

"Come in" Ronalds shaky voice says, and she smiles sadly to herself. The door opens for her, and her breath is immediately taken away.

The ROR looks like an enchanted forest at night, with fireflys and a purple scheme to it. In the middle of a clearing a small white pavillion is lightening up the normally dark place with a golden light, and Ron is standing at the entrance in fancy clothes, music playing and chocolate in his hands.

"This is beautiful Ronald" Hermione says, tears starting to well up in her eyes.

"Thanks... I bought chocolate..." Ron says, seeming rather troubled. Hermione smiles at him.

"Thank you... I appreciate it" Ron hands it to her, and she laughs at their awkwardness. "I'm so sorry Ron-" He cuts her off.

"No. I'm sorry 'mione... I shouldn't have snapped... What I said was wrong, it wasn't meant for you..." he looks down, fidgeting with his sleeves. "It was meant for me..." Hermione smiles at him, lifting up his head so he can look at her.

"I understand... I feel the same way..." A single tear rolls down Rons chin, and lands on her soft hand.

"I'm so sorry 'Mione... I just-... I guess my love to you is just-... More like a brothers... I want to protect you I-" Hermione shush's him by putting a finger over his mouth.

"Me too... I want you to be happy but-... Not with me... I love you like a sister" they're now both crying, silent tears running down their faces.

"I'm glad we feel the same way... It would have been so painful..." Ron says, and a small laugh follows.

"Yes it would... Wanna enjoy dinner as friends?" Ron smiles at Hermione.

"Yes..."

And that's what they did, ate dinner as the good friends they had been for so long before they started dating.

(A/N: I am so so so sorry about the short chapter, but I did not feel I could make this any longer and anxiety is a bitch so this was all I could come up with, have a nice day/night!)