Chapter 4

Damon Morinson's pov

Hell is the word only I can use to describe how I've been living ever since.
Guilt is what I've been living in.

She left me. She ran away from me, my family and worse she sees me as a monster. I don't know if she would ever forgive me for all my ways, for all the torture for one full year.

We took Avery to the hospital that day due to her hitting her head hard on the floor. Kiara really beat the shit out of Megan, Martha was really disappointed at me.
Kiara decided to stay in the hospital with Avery that day so she left the house and then in the evening I and my mom joined her.

The next morning we woke up to meet an empty hospital bed. It only meant one thing, she ran away without telling anyone where she went. I don't blame her though, she has suffered alot especially from me maltreating her.

I couldn't sleep, I felt guilty. If I close my eyes I see her face in tears begging me to stop hitting her.

It all happened one morning when I was in my study room in my house when I received a phone call from Megan telling me I was needed in the office that it was urgent and needed my attention.
I quickly rushed to my office and I saw Megan standing by the door of my office.
"What is it? " I asked impatiently
"Um y.. you need to see this she got her laptop and clicked on a file and it opened. It was a cctv footage.
I was curious so I continued watching in silence.

At first I saw dad sitting in his seperate office and then a head popped up by the side and Avery walked in. I smiled as she gave my did his coffee. She made it her responsibility to always give him his morning coffee. He smiles and she said something to make him laugh with his mouth wide open and then the movie stopped to load load? does a CCTV footage load once it starts viewing? and then the video continued when dad drank the coffee and started rubbing his chest every now and then.
After a few minutes, He started coughing and he packed his briefcase and walked out of his office.

I was confused. Alot of questions ran through my head. Did Avery put something in my fathers coffee?

Did she?

No she can't, she's not that type of person who'd do such a thing. But the CCTV footage loading came to my mind. Did they ed...
My cell phone rang and it was my father's driver who did my father was rushed to the hospital. He gave me the name and I was stunned. Was Megan saying the truth? Did Avery poison my father, hell why didn't I see her type of person before I married her. Now I believe the saying that looks is deceiving. She had an innocent face and an evil mind. So I thought

She knows how much I loved my father and she did what she did. Rage filled my and what worsened it was when Megan placed her hands on my shoulder and I shrugged it off roughly.
"See, I warned you of people like her but you didn't listen"

That was the beginning of my hatered for my wife. My Avery. I was blinded by anger that I didn't believe my wife and my sister.

⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇ ⬇

When my father recovered and was able to talk, he asked of Avery and when he saw my hardened expression he asked what happened all those times he was sick and I told him everything and he was shocked.

My father told me she didn't do anything, he told me she helped him recover quickly. It was the same Megan who told me all those lies was the reason for his sickness. I was shocked and almost did not believe him when he told me to go to his and my mother's room for a laptop. It was a private CCTV camera that I did even know existed. It showed everything that happened in the while house. We both watched from the begining when he came home and avery helping to him take his drugs, me walking in with Megan to the kitchen and seeing Avery close to the liquid and all others.

When it showed me beating her with my leather belt dad shouted at me in disbelief and he even punched me hard. Even in his weak state, he surely knew how to swing his arms at his old age.

My nightmare increased. Seeing her face scrunching in pain while I beat her comes to my head, my mind. I keep asking my self if she would ever forgive me if I ever find her.

She wouldn't even want to be in your presence my mind mocked.

I know I deserved the punch infact alot more than one punch. I got to the office with me filled with rage to question Megan and if she lies to me, hah! I don't know what I would do to her.
I got to the office and she hasn't arrived yet. I decided to do some work to take my mind off my arising problems.

I needed a file of one of my branches and I went to my shelf to look for the file. As I was looking for the file, I came across another laptop.

Who put this..... Oh oh my God. I remembered with a sad smile playing on my lips. I told Avery I had alot of enemies who always entered as workers to steal information and she advised me to put a CCTV camera to view everything that happens in my company.

I picked the laptop and dusted the top cause it was filled with dust. I put it on and it booted, I went to files and clicked on one and it opened showing different dates and I clicked the date my father was poisoned 04.01.2018 and it opened and I watched all that happened.

I was ruined. I then knew Megan wiped all the company's camera storage but she wasn't able to know about this one that was why she wasn't able to wipe this one out too. I know cause I checked one time and what was left was after the incident. I was filled with rage and on cue Megan walked in "baby what got your... " she froze when I furiously stood and turned the laptop to face her. I replayed the video where she called my father out and she walked in to put something in the coffee his was drinking and left before my father came back and drank the coffee before he started rubbing his chest and coughing.
"Can you explain " I yelled
"Y... um.. I needed to um.. Um" "damn it!". I called security to came get her out of my office. I'll deal with her later because now I'm going to search for my wife.

When I got home and showed my father everything, he was angry that he stopped talking to me. My sister Kiara stopped talking to me and my mom was really guilty because she joined me to maltreat Avery.

For weeks I drank. I didn't come out of my house, I dwelled in guilt. Until Mason my best friend who travelled for his medical trip came back and talked about how Delia his grandma saved a girl and has been taking care of her before she left and promised to come back. He even said his grandma once asked him to go on a date with the girl when he came back.

Before he came back, the girl was gone and Surprisingly the girl in the picture his grandma gave him was Avery. He even showed me a picture of his grand mother and Avery smiling.

I remember jumping up from my position and running to Mason to hug him. He was shocked and when I narrated to him all that happened while he was gone, it really angered him and he gave me a good punch too.

He even refused to tell me her where abouts. He was angry with me, no he was dissappointed.
I had to pay a visit to his grandma and she told me where Avery went and her location. I was extremely overjoyed. Cause I thought finally I was going to set things straight.

Then I set out to search for my wife.

Ahkay🙂
Q.O. T. D ----) what do you think Damon's gonna do to find Avery

Hope you like this chapter.
Pls vote and comment