Chapter 19

Sorry for the late update.
Remember I  told you my phone is faulty.
. Avery's pov

I've been trying to tell Damon about me working but he doesn't want to hear it. He either walks away or ignores the topic. But that didn't stop me cause I ignored him and went online where I saw a job at a veterinary hospital and I immediately signed for it. So today's the day for the interview and I couldn't be anymore happy.

I took a quick shower and I chose black pants paired with a cute white button up shirt and white flats.
I made my way towards the kitchen when the scent of  fresh baked bread  reached my nostrils and I  inhaled deeply.
God this is heaven!

What shocked me to the core is when I saw Damon in the kitchen dressed in his three piece suit. I mist admit he's looking good.
He collected two trays filled with food from the kitchen  to the dining table.
I won't eat this food mainly because it was prepared by him.
I left the back of the pillar where I was hiding to the dining.
"Ahem" I cleared my throat getting his attention.
"Hey I prepared break... Where are you dressed up to? " he asked when he saw my outfit.
"Uh I'm going out" I answered
"Where? " he asked again
"To an interview. A job interview "  I answered back waiting for his terrible outburst.

"Why... When did you apply for the interview " he asked calmly with gritted teeth curling his fists which made me take a step back which he  noticed because he freed his fingers. 

I only know this was calm before the storm. But... I don't care what he thinks anymore!.

"Don't go"

"Excuse  me" I said straightening up my posture 

"I said don't... "

"I don't care what you say! " I answered angrily and to say he was surprised at my outburst was an understatement.

"You don't control me!  You don't control my life, I've had enough of your dominant self. I have to make my self useful just as you are doing so don't you dare say anything about me going out! " I finished taking a deep breath.

"I didn't mean it that way" he tried to say 
"Excuse me" I said walking pass him to the direction of the front door. As I was about to turn the handle...

"Don't you dare leave this place or...! "

"Or else what?! " I yelled

"You would hit me again! Break my head again! Slap me again! Come on!  Do it because I'm used to it already! " I screamed.

The look he has on his face is priceless. I almost felt bad for him almost  but I'm not regretting my outburst. 
He needs to know his limit in my life...

"No I I... " he stuttered but I didn't give him time to talk as I stormed out of  the house when I discovered the time.
7:45 shit!

I ran out of the house towards the gate. God knows I passed all his cars wishing I could drive one of them... But ha!  I don't want to die. Looking from side to side outside the gate waiting for a cab but no one even passed by instead the road was quiet like a private area.
"Jesus Christ" I muttered slapping my forehead when I remembered that this building was a private area and not everyone and anyone comes in.

As I started trekking hoping to catch the glimpse  of any other human apart from me when his familiar car that I don't know the name of pulled up beside me. The window glass slides down and I met with his eyes.

"Get in" he said calmly

"Huh " I asked dumbly. Seeing as I said things that would make him so mad few minutes ago.