Chapter 31

Thank y'all for this incredible 100k+ reads.
I mean oh goodness! Thank you all. I would really like to show appreciation to all that gave me the motivation to write more. I'll do that in my next Note.

He immediately walked to the other side of the bed where she fell and his big hands picked her up and cradled her face to his chest, ignoring her struggling and faint protest as she had little energy left.

She tried to get loosed but it seemed it only encouraged him to tighten his hold on her.

"Let g-go" she hiccupped as she struggled against his hold with the energy she had left.

"I'm sorry please, have mercy" Damon cried as he held her more firmly to his chest with tears in his eyes and all. He felt warm now she was finally placed in him but it was only temporary considering the situation at hand.

When Avery realised her efforts were in vain, she started pleading.
"Please let go, please. Don't touch me" she said as she struggled again.

"I'm sorry please forgive me. Have mercy on me please" he pleaded. His heart broke at the sight of her in tears, that's if it wasn't already shattered. "She fears me" he thought bitterly.
He shut his eyes tightly in pain when she kept shuddering against him, wanting to be free from him.
His lips parted as silent pleas came out of them, begging to right his wrongs.

"P-please, I just want to g-go. Don't touch me" she pleaded weakly summoning up the courage to look at him unknowingly exposing the sadness and vulnerability in her eyes.

Not a single word left his mouth, he had no right to say anything. He had never felt ashamed of himself in his entire life. Her eyes said it all.
He was fighting with his inner self, with his emotions and yet none has won yet. His mind was a jumbled mess. He didn't know what to do.
He brought her face up to look at him " please princess, tell me what to do to make it go away. Please tell me" he pleaded.

"There's nothing you can do D- Damon. Just leave me alone, what y-you did to me was unforgivable" Avery whispered as the events of the past came back to her head.

His abusive words.

His violence

The beatings.

"Damn it! Damon Why don't you just put a dagger through my heart! You've tormented me long enough. leave me alone!" Avery shrieked in pain.

Damon stilled at the level of her pain. 'I've hurt her so much' he thought.
She tried pulling away from him but he only held her tighter to his chest. "Don't push me away baby, don't push me away. Let me make it right please. Let me make it right princess" he whispered solemnly.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry. Forgive me baby" Damon's broken voice echoed through out until they both were consumed by fatigue and then sleep took over

*****

He fidgeted not knowing whether he should enter the room or not. He took a deep breath as he wiped his clammy hands on his suit trousers. He has an emergency meeting in an two hour's time but he wanted to see her first before he left. But he's scared to enter the room. Why? He's scared to see her face. Scared to see her reaction after yesterday knowing the pain she'd past through and endured.