Chapter 22

Apologies for the wait for the chapter

Enjoy

Avery's pov

I feel so exhausted today. I just got back from work so I went to my room to take a warm soothing bath.
My body aches all over as a result of carrying animals here and there. Though it cause me pains, I love and cherish my job. Its what I went to school to study after all.
Once I finished bathing, I got onto my closet to pick my favourite fluffy unicorn night wear.
I got to the kitchen to look for what to eat when I saw a covered food on the  counter with a note beside it. I read the note and smiled and my caretakers caring self. I began to eat the spaghetti and meatballs sauce she prepared for me. And I must say its one of the most delicious delicacies I've eaten.

While eating realization dawned on me that its been five months since that incident with Damon and he hasn't disturbed me ever since. I haven't heard from him which is so acceptable by me. I hope he's okay though.
I love the life I'm leaving now. Its just me and only me till I sort myself out.
Okay this was what happened, after mason dropped me at Damon's father's mansion, they were so mad at Damon especially dad. He continued apologizing thinking that I would leave again. Mom on the other hand kept crying and apologizing  for her  sons behavior. Mason kept coming over to treat me, and when he doesn't show up, his friend who is also a doctor takes his place. I stayed with Damon's parents for two months and when I found a good apartment that's a little bit closer to my work place, I decided to move. I refused to be a burden to other people.

When I was leaving, Damon's father kept apologizing thinking that I was leaving them because Damon is their son. His mother did everything she could, she even cried. I remember her  saying "maybe it's because I am his mother and I always supported him in everything he does" is what's making me leave. I just reassured them that I needed to sort myself out and I needed some time to myself. I even assured them that I would return back to their mansion when everything is sorted and that was the  main reason they even let me go.
As I was leaving, they gave me Shalissa who is a middle aged woman to take care of me. Shalissa is like a mother to me. She even has a daughter of my age she and she also has four grand children. She always told me about them. She'd tell me how they prank each other and all and I always aww at their cuteness though j haven't seen them yet. Hopefully I will, one day. 

So back to present, I finished my delicious dinner and washed my plate then dragged my now overfed body  to my room. I brushed my teeth and did all necessary things before going to bed.

*********

Its weekend and I decided to go visit Damon's parents since I haven't visited since I left them three months ago.

I did all necessities and left my apartment.

*
"Avery! you came " mom squealed and embraced me as she opened the  door.

"Hello ma" I greeted smiling warmly at her.

"What's wrong honey" dad's voice rang through the house in panic thinking something happened to his wife 

"Avery's here! " she yelled

"Avery? She... hey kiddo" he came to embrace me and frowned "finally decided to come see your old man eh " he said unhappily

"I'm sorry dad. I had work and I always get tired when I get home so I... "

"Alright alright blah blah blah I get it " he mused dragging me to the sitting room.

"Gotta help mom in the kitchen" I said when he asked how I was coping. I didn't know what answer to give him. Anything I say would expose how miserable I have been. 

"Hey ma, need help? " I asked ma when I entered the kitchen. She's making food for us.

"No, I guess...  I'd be fine "  

"Don't worry I'm not a visitor I'll help anyway " I said as she chuckled
" you'd never change. Your such a good girl" she muttered to herself making me smile.

"Now go keep dad busy, I believe you both were busy with your thing before I crashed in" I teased and she laughed a layer of blush coloring her face.

I laughed seeing her expression.
" oh stop it" she muttered nudging me
with her hips.

"Okay okay shoo" I teased her as she left the kitchen, then She came back again
"Thank you dear, you're a good  person and I hope my son realizes it before you slip out of his fingers. again. " she smiled sadly and left.

I tied my apron and started working.
For the next twenty minutes, I did all necessary things in the kitchen, from the kitchen utensils to the dishes and all. In general, it was refreshing to do what you love to do best.

I was about serving the dishes when I heard an argument between dad and mom.
" He is not supposed to meet her here " dad argued
"We can't do anything about it anymore, he's already here and we can't send him back. We are his parents for Christ sake, he needs our assistance at this point of his life" mom argued back and dad sighed loudly.
"We can't do anything about it anymore. We can't send either of them away" dad said nervously.

Him? Whose this "him" they are talking about?.

I think I knew the "Him" they were referring to five minutes later.
I was just placing the cooked food on the dining table when a knock was heard and Mason walked in. That suprised me greatly because I haven't seen him for months after he treated me.
"Something smells nice in here" he  said aloud rubbing his stomach and dad laughed uncomfortably which bothered me greatly .

As soon as Mason saw me in the  kitchen when he entered, his eye's widened in shock and surprise.
"H-hey uh A-avery" he stuttered
"Mason... " I drawled out staring at him quizically.. "Are you okay " I asked because this is so unlike him.
the Mason I know is a free guy with no worries. He's more concerned with making people around him laugh and he hardly gets nervous. So seeing him this way is really  disturbing.

"Yes uh what are you doing here " he asked shifting from one foot to another.
" I came to see you" I said playfully
"What! Me? " he asked his eyes widening.
"Uh yeah. I haven't seen you for the past five months soo...  " I said laughing at his expression and when his eyes shifted to something behind me, he shook his head in a 'no'.
My laughter immediately died down when I turned to find who he was talking to. 

Standing right behind me and staring right at me intently... Was Damon

This is the "Him " all along.

.

Wanna say a big THANK YOU to all that voted and Commented on my story. It really helped alot, thank you so much.

Thank you also for the 25k plus reads. Like seriously I wouldn't have gotten there without u guys, y'all are the best.

Oh yeah, thanks for reading.
Don't forget to leave a vote and comment below.