Chapter 10

I'm sorry for late updates. 

Enjoy!

Damon's  pov

As soon as I heard the sound of my door opening, I immediately scrambled from my sitting position to a standing position as my father came out of my room smiling.

Well that's new.

When I was asked, more like ordered to leave my own room, I left the room and sat  on the floor outside by the door of my room waiting for a miracle to happen.

As soon as dad saw me, he gave me a small smile and asked to talk in the home office.

We got in and to be honest I was dreading the 'talk' we were about to have. Will he blame me or what?

"Sit dad" I said softly when I realized he was still standing
He gave me a stiff nod and sat.
The air around us was really awkward unlike before, we would always have something to talk about. Unlike other people, I was more closer to my father.
"Dad I-- I'm sorry. I uh didn't mean to hurt you or hurt Avery, I am deeply sorry. I know there was no excuse for my actions I di--"

"Its okay son. I now know you are deeply sorry because you are really trying hard to get on her good side. Just know that I'm proud of you. You are now a real man who say's sorry when he's done wrong and corrects it". My father said.

"I ho.. " I was cut off again my my did who had a mischievous glint in his eyes.  

"Enough of all this emotional display. When did you turn so soft?" dad asked laughing and I laughed.

"I just want my son back that's all I ask" he added making me smile.

I stood up and embraced my father. I had tears in my eyes.
It felt good to be loved by someone who couldn't put up with you.

God I know I'm behaving like a girl right now. 
"I love you dad" I whispered tightening my trip on him.

"Oh shit. What's that smell" my father asked pulling out of our embrace and scrunching up his nose. He walked really far from where I was standing.

"What smell" I asked going closer to him.

"Oh its you! " my father exclaimed dramatically closing his nose with his fingers.

"Me! How?" I asked

"Go! go  have a bath. You stink" he said laughing and I smiled.

I was almost out of the office when I  heard dad yell an
"Oh I love you too son! "

I smiled.

Things are falling into place.

Life isn't bad after all.

*

I went to the room and it was already arranged. I hope my Avery didn't arrange it because she's supposed to be treated like a queen.

I had my bath and changed into clean clothes. I'm so happy.
Everywhere and everything smelled like her. Like cherries.

I got out of the room to the dinning room. Dad and mom already left.

"Avery" I called out

No answer

"Baby"

No answer

I ran upstairs to search for her.

Damn it!  She wasn't in any of the rooms. Then where's she!

God pl...

The garden!

I immediately ran to the backyard. I stopped running when I saw a small petite figure sitting on the grass.

"Thank God! "I said exhaling.
"She's safe" I assured myself.

I fidgeted where I was standing.
I didn't know how to approach her.

Please tell me how to start a conversation when I go to her.

I know the chapter is short. I'm sorry

Thank you so much for your patience.

Nittabeatrice