Chapter 16

Dedicated to Tsen1122,nonexistent_lovelife thank you for your unending love and support. I really appreciate

Enjoy!

Avery's  POV

I opened my eyes not sure of  where I was and what had happened. I immediately closed my eyes cause of  the blinding bright light peeping through the cottons. I smiled and yawned. I don't wanna leave the he bed yet. I pouted at my childish antique and stretched and I was satisfied with hearing my bones  falling into their original positions .

Immediately the events of yesterday flashed through my head and the smile immediately vanished from my face.

I still remember how the stares of everyone in that large room. I remember trembling in fear, I remember the tender and careful treatment Damon used when it came  to me yesterday and I can't help but think it was all for a show. But before now, he never showed affection like that to me in public. I remember his intense gaze that gave me shivers. 

I turned to look at the clock on the other side of the room when I met with brown eyes on the other side of the bed.

What the!

I immediately jumped out of the bed but landed my butt on the floor and I  quickly scrambled up to a standing position beside the bed, my body betraying me by trembling.

I heard Damon sigh deeply and he stood up coming towards me.
He stood few feet's away from me his gaze not dominating as before instead his gaze wavered which was really not suiting him because I'm used to that dominating gaze.
"sweetheart" he murmured touching  my cheeks drawing nearer to my body and I flinched.
"I don't want you to fear me" he murmured.

My body strangely found solace in his single touch on my cheeks. I closed my eyes savoring the feeling while it lasts. Strange right?

"Open your eyes sweets, I want to see those beautiful orbs. I don't want you to fear me" he murmured again.

After sometime when he saw that I wasn't really going to do what hw wants, he let go and moved back a little.

"I - I was t-thinking... No sorry I  I wanted to ask if you wanted to go our with me today maybe for dinner" he said this while rubbing his palms on his jean he's wearing.

This is a trait no one knows. Well except me  He normally does that when he's nervous or unsure of  himself.

"Uh I... I um I don't th... "

"No w-we will do whatever and anything you want. We could even go  to McDonalds to eat burgers I know they are your favorite and we could go to the central park or visit the aquarium, I know you love those places you used to always ask me to take you there but I...  " he said rushing all these words in one breath but stopping when he realized his last words. He knows he denied me every single opportunity to go there before.

I don't know if I can trust him. I trusted people before and look where it got me.
"S-sorry I can't " I whispered bowing my head and begging myself to not she'd anymore tears.

"P-please, Just- just this once and if you are uncomfortable at some point we would come back home immediately. Please " he was at this point begging fully now. Standing in front of me looking intimidating as ever. I don't know what will happen or what he'd do to me if I refused.

"O-okay" I said fiddling with my fingers.

"No I... You said yes? Perfect" he said happily. He clapped unconsciously, and I flinched. The minute I did that,   he froze.
"um s-sorry I'll let you get ready now come down when your ready" he said walking to the door "oh and wear something warm. I don't want you getting sick from the cold" he said before closing the door.

I breathed a sigh of relief when he left. God knows I always feel suffocated any time he's around me.

Damon's pov

The minute Avery agreed, I was already forming the plans in my head of what we would do that would make her smile.

Maybe she'd get over the fear she always has when she's around me.

I called my men and instructed them on what to do and they are already setting up a picnic in my private  beach.

**

I'm already dressed but I'm waiting for my baby  to come down and meet me. I don't want her to feel to  pressured if I go to call her.

Ten minutes...

Fifteen minutes...

Twenty minutes....

I've never been a man of patience but I guess that's gonna be a permanent feature of mine now if I want anything to work between I and my wife.

Yes I didn't divorce her. She's STILL my wife.

I cleared my throat to hide the hurt that was starting to surface when she didn't come downstairs to meet me.

She stood me up.

Maybe I should still give her time.

Maybe she's not completely comfortable ar...

My thoughts were stuck when she opened the door and walked out but I I dont think she saw me close to her room door because she was coming towards me and as soon as she was about to bump into me I spoke up. Which looked like a wrong idea because she fell on the floor in shock.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" I said going to help her stand but she immediately scurried up to a standing position moving away from me.

"I-I I'm sorry I took a lot of time I... I  was searching for a warm o-outfit to wear" she said timidly while fiddling with her delicate fingers..

I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized she didn't leave me hanging..
"You ready?" I asked softly not to scare her

She nodded and I stretched out my hand and she looked at my hand, then my face, then my hand again. I ignored the hurt and dropped my hand back to my sides.

"C'mon" I said and I walked out with her trailing behind me.

I'm gonna try to make her feel comfortable around me again in this picnic.

I'm gonna prove to her that I'm not the same man I was

.

Okay everyone sorry for not updating. I have problems with my phone. So I won't be able to update frequently.
Yeah I know I'm sorry.

But I'll try to update again before Christmas or during Christmas.

I want to thank everyone that commented on the last chapter.

Thank y'all for pur support. I can't believe this book is having a freaking 4k + reads. Its all you guys and I appreciate it. Alot.

Thank you and happy early Christmas.

«nini»