Chapter 39

*I'm sorry I can explain. I can explain! Sorry for the late update. Something personal came up and luckily I  was able to solve it. Never knew it would take this long. I'm sorry I'm sorry. I already had this chapter ever since but I wasn't able to publish. Sorry... Please don't be mad"

Enjoy!

'Such a stressful day' Avery thought as she walked towards the resting place outside of her workplace so she could rest a little before going home with her car.

She just closed from the office and the only thing registered in her mind is to dive into her bed and sleep oh and before that call Carlos.
She smiled at the thought of that mischievous human who never failed to bring a smile in her face.
"He would have been in my apartment raiding my kitchen" she muttered smiling amusedly but frowned when she realised she hasn't seen him for the past one week because he travelled. 'He needed to get something done' as he put it.

Carlos never failed to bring a smile on her face and also, he never failed to make her blush. He says sweet things to her. She always saw him always looking at her when he thought she was not looking at him. Avery sometimes questions if he was really gay.

"Hey" that familiar deep masculine voice greeted and that person was behind her. She sure knew who he was even without turning around.

"Carly poo" she squealed turning quickly to hug him. "I missed you" she pouted resting her head on his shoulder.

"I missed you too choco" Carlos whispered hugging her tightly. He missed his favourite person and he couldn't fight this deep feeling in his chest when she was around.

"Alright now let's go I'm hungry" Avery said breaking their hug.

"When are you not. You eat like a blue whale" Carlos murmured.

"What, are you saying I'm a glutton and I'm fat" Avery asked faking hurt and anger.

"W-what n-no! No I didn't say t-that!. I didn't even mean that as well" Carlos rambled nervously. He honestly didn't mean that. 'What's with women hating when they are called fat' he thought. He broke out of his thought as he heard Avery laughing.

"You don't do that" he whined stomping his foot childishly.

"Oh I just did" Avery said giggling.

"Come on big baby. Let's go" Avery laughed as she wrapped her elbows with his and walked away with a sulking Carlos.

*

Clenching his fists around the flowers in his hands  and grinding his teeth in anger, all these interactions didn't go unnoticed by Damon who watched from a distance.

This is the brute his father was talking about. He thought as pain and fear gripped his heart at the thought of Avery moving on.

Damon knew he didn't deserve her. He didn't deserve her in any way but he is willing to prove that he's a changed man only if she is wiling to give him a chance or at least listen to him.

He had to do something.

Damon had been coming to Avery's work place for the past one week and secretly following her home after what his father told him. He wanted to see the... The man whom she liked. The Carlos
He hadn't seen any male so far and the same reports came from his men whom he always ordered to follow her to ensure no harm comes her way.

And today he decided to finally grow the balls and summon the courage, practicing the words he would say to her to ask her out, this idiot finally showed up.
He didn't miss the way she embraced him with a smile on her face. Something he himself didn't get for years and till date.

His courage crumbled and fear swallowed his whole being at the mere thought of Avery leaving him forever.

He got in his car and drove, to where? He doesn't know.

.

Mason watched his friend drink like there was no tomorrow. To be honest, he felt sorry for his best buddy but he couldn't help when the guy acted like an idiot.

Mason knew Damon deeply regrets his actions. Hell the guy went to get himself treated just to be a better person for the woman he loves so much but unfortunately, he doubted if Avery loved him back after all she went though in Damon's house.

"Come on man that's enough" Mason warned trying to get the vodka bottle out of Damon's hand.

"Nooo it's not. She hugged h-him" Damon said, his voice coming out slurred. He knew he was drunk but not drunk enough to not know what he was saying or doing.

"I know b-"

"No you donnnt. I'm such an idiot and I-I know I deserve to be alone but I love her so much. So much that it hurts. She hates me. She likes t-that Carlos guy" Damon said. He was trying to get what he saw not hurt so much but he couldn't help it if it was burning fiercely and endlessly. Even the vodka he was gulping straight out of the bottle didn't help take away that feeling. It only made him whoozy but his senses were still intact. He knows what he's doing.

"I love her man" Damon confessed.

"I know you love her" Mason replied as he watched his fried punish himself.

"No you don't. I love her very very muc- much that I could give out all I have just to be with her. I would do anything and everything". Damon confessed again.

"I know" Mason replied not knowing what to do.
"Come on man, let's get you upstairs to sleep"

"No" Damon protested.

"Come on, I don't want to carry you again" Mason whined knowing his whole body would hurt if he lifted Damon again. 'This guy weighed more than a car' he thought. Even, the last time he carried Damon when he was drunk, he couldn't leave his bed for two days because his whole body ached tremendously.

"L-leave me here " Damon said his speech coming out more slurred. He was now drunk. He didn't know what he was doing now.

"I'll call Avery here if you don't get your ass up" Mason threatened and to his utmost shock and surprise, Damon immediately scrambled up to his feet wobbling here and there. Mason immediately went to assist before he fell.

Mason somehow got Damon to his room without much struggles.
"Seriously man!, I begged you for hours to leave the bottle and you refused, but one word about Avery and you... You obeyed! Seriously!" Mason whined.

"I want her" Damon slurred.

"Shut up" Mason complained pouting.

"I want..." Damon slurred before sleep took over.

Mason sighed in distress. He knew Damon is paying for his sin's. He's been through hell and he wanted to help him.

He needed to speak to Avery.

**

Any predictions? Any thoughts..?

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Stay safe... Bye bye..

«nini»