Chapter 15

Sorry for the late update

Chapter's dedicated to as many that commented in the last chapter.

Enjoy!

A sophisticated woman dressed in clothes that worth a fortune stared  right back at me from the mirror.

I sighed looking at my now fragile self.
This woman staring at me is empty, really empty. I look thinner and I have this far away look in my eyes.

This is not me.

I was currently praying that something should happen so that I  wouldn't go for that horrible gala today. I was tired of being judged by people who don't even know what I've been through.

The sudden knock on my door made me to almost jump from the window and hide because I know what happened the last time I went to a gala with him.

I know the pains behind those fake smiles. And to think I got the bearing of my life after... Oh no!

I was expecting the worst for today. Don't get me wrong, whenever o look forward to good things, the worst kind of  shit happens. But now, I take what life throws at me. I never expect anything from anyone.

The clearing of throat brought me back again from my messed up thoughts.
It was Damon. He's dressed okay as usual. Unlike me, I'm really uncomfortable with my appearance but there's nothing I can do.
"Are you ready" he asked with a soft voice I'm still finding hard to get used to.
"Y-yes" I answered.

"Okay we should leave now, the gala started thirty minutes ago " he said and stretched his hands for me to take but I don't know what happened cause I took a step back. This look passed his eyes and disappeared as soon as it came.

And like he got the memo, he left the room and walked slowly waiting for me to tow along and I followed behind.

As soon as we got to the front door he opened it and as soon as the cold breeze touched my skin I stopped walking. I shivered in fear. 

Maybe I shouldn't go.

Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this g...

"What happened? Why did you stop walking "Damon questioned.

I shivered in fear of what's to come when I protest.
"I-I  I think y-you should ta-take your g-girlfriends with y-you. I I c-ant go w-with y-you" I said in a small voice trying hard to not ruin the make up that the nice make-up artist suffered for by crying.

"And why should I take them" he asked in a somewhat cold voice and I stepped back on reflex.

"I- I will embarrass y-you. I always d-disgrace you. I d-don't want you to loose on a big d-deal because of me and- and you come back home to b-beat m-me u-up" I muttered whispering the last part to myself.

He looked frozen at my answer.
He then sucked in a deep breadth and sighed deeply. 

"No I I didn't want to... Never mind let's go" he said taking my hands in a tight grip but not enough to hurt me and opened the car door for me to  enter.
And as soon as entered the car, I immediately went to the other end close to the door and gripping the door handle and thanking God that  he didn't decide to take the limo.

After Damon got in a comfortable sitting position, he turned to me and stared at me ridiculously at the way I was gripping the handle of the door.
He sighed and muttered some incoherent things to himself.

"Leave the door" he said in a commanding tone.

I refused to let the door handle go.

"I said leave the door" he said his voice increasing by the minute

Fear gripped me when I imagined what he's going to do to me.
But still, I didn't let go off the door handle.

I couldn't stop the tears that rolled down my cheeks.
This was the reason why I asked him to take his girlfriends with him.

"I said get away from the fucking door handle! " he yelled in frustration.

Trust me I didn't know what I was doing when I opened the car's door to jump out to get away from this monster,  and my eyes widened in shock cause the car was still moving. The car swerved making me lean forward to fall over on the road. The same time I heard Damon shout at the driver to stop the car. 

I felt a tight grip on my arm that dragged me back saving me from this nasty accident that we escaped because of my fear.

A loud sob broke out from my chest when I realised how miserable I'm being. I managed conceal the loud sob with my palms placed on my mouth.

I froze when I felt his arms around me. I struggled to let my self free but he wouldn't budge so I just fell limp in his arms.
Shockingly his cologne calmed me down.

***

We stayed in that position for I don't know how long until it registered in my brain.

What the hell was I doing

I jumped from his arms and went back to going faraway from him and grabbing the door handle.

He looked at me and sighed deeply.
"Drive us back home "

What

So he'll blame me and beat me up later, saying I'm the reason he lost a very important deal!

"N-no k-keep going " I protested

His head whipped to my direction and he stared at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes.

"O-okay let's go back to the event venue" he said to the driver while looking at me.

I squirmed under his intense gaze and it seems he enjoys making me fear him.

****

Soon we reached the venue for the gala and we were already an hour late. The donations had already started and as soon as we came out of the car, he took is through the back door. " there,  go to the rest room and fix your male up."

I looked at him

"I mean, not that you look terrible, I thought you would like to freshen up" he added as if it will make me feel better. I nodded and got to the rest room and fixed my face.

I saw what he meant because there were dried tear stains on my face.
I cleaned them and came out to meet him. He was talking to someone on the phone. "We're here already...  yeah... She's with me... Okay".

"Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded timidly unsure of my self.

"Don't worry you'll be fine, I'm here " I almost scoffed in reply. That's what he said then but he left and when he  came back to see his business partner talking to me, I got the beating of my life when we got home. He called me a whore.

"Remember don't...

"Don't disgrace you, sit in one place so no one will know about your pathetic excuse of a date you brought. " I finished for him.

"I know" I say looking up at him.

He stopped walking shocked at my words.

" N-no t-that was not what I wanted to say " he said softly looking at me.

"I...

"And we call on Mr King,the CEO of the year to give his speech " we heard through the microphone and he sighed and we hurried inside.

As soon as we opened the door, ALL eyes turned to look at us.

Oh God!

Turns out we used the door of the stage directly facing the audience.

Ohhh 😂

What an entrance!!

I need new covers

Sorry for the late update guys, exams are here so y'all have to be patient with me.

Any predictions?

Please vote and comment.

«nini»