Chapter 12 - Family Feud

Rebecca's PoV

It was a long day of filming, especially in the heat. We had just finished filming Shootout and had a lunch break before heading into Family Feud. Ian, Joven and Lascercorn went to go record a Smoshcast, so we had more downtime between shoots. I sat at the bench we were having lunch. I was scrolling through my phone.

" Hey Becs" Wes sat down next to me. "It's been ages, how have you been?" He asked, I put my phone in my pocket to chat to him.

"It's been way too long, I missed your massive bear hugs dude" I smiled. "I've been pretty good, how's working more independently going?" After the defy shut down I hadn't really seen Wes much as he started to work on his own projects like many of the Smosh Games members did.

"It's been so much fun Becca, the new independence is a breathe of fresh air, defy sucked" we both laughed.

"You can say that again"

Wes nudged my arm "But what about you, Being in videos and summer games that's not the Becca I remember" he replied with a typical happy Wes smile.

"It's actually so much more fun than I ever thought, I mean I love editing but I think I'm starting to prefer being on camera"

"I know the feeling, I remember when I first started to move into being a cast member. How are you coping with the work load?" He asked

"It's been a lot, but I think after summer games I'm probably going to move over to full squad" I looked at him. He looked so excited at the thought. He wrapped his giant arms around me for a bear hug. We continued to talk to a while before being called to get set up for Family Feud.

We all took to a different stand, I stood between Noah and Lasercorn. Courtney was the first up at the main position as well as Ian. Once the cameras started, the game began. I was pretty nervous for this one as I didn't want to offend anyone but at the same time I really don't want to lose again. Can't let Ian beat me or slap me with Holi powder. We were the first team asked a question. I wrote that Damien would die first in the apocalypse, I knew really he would probably survive but he's also WAY too trusting. He's a soft boy. When I revelled my answer Damien glared at me and stuck his hands out towards me and mouthed "seriously?" I laughed at his reaction.

A few rounds in, we were pretty much neck and neck. Then next question was asked " Who on your team hates Ian the most?"  I immediately start laughing at Mari's reaction, who was jumping up and down. Then Writing TEA on her board causing me to laugh harder. I start to calm down but made the mistake over looking over to Ian who was showing up a board that read "Anthony" nobody else on my Team noticed so I pointed at Ian and mouthed "It's true" he gave a distressed look as I continued to answer the question.

As Sarah begins to ask down the line. Surprisingly Court said herself, Damien said Keith, and Keith said Damien which was joke as Damien would apologise to a tree if he bumped into it.

"So Becca, who did you write down?" Sarah asked.

"Well everyone's wrong" I held up my sign that I had written my own name down "I obviously hate my brother, he's a dork" I smiled sarcastically at Ian, who then ran straight at me. I ran around Lasercorn and returning round the back of the stands using Damien as a shield, whilst everyone was laughing.

Our next question was "who is the worst at social media?" I was the guesser. I had a feeling most people would choose me because yeah I'm new and I'm pretty bad at it. Courtney said Lasercorn which I was shocked at. Then it was Damien's turn.

"Just purely based on her being the new person. Rebecca" he calls out to the group.

"WHAT" Courtney yells at him

"I...I gotta go" Damien starts to walk off into the distance comedically. I laughed at his stupidity. It then came to Keith's Turn.

"This is a messy ass game, but I love it. But I also gotta go with Becca because she's new" he answers.

"Welcome to Smosh. I guess" I Yell sarcastically before laughing at myself.

"Dude she promotes the videos" Courtney says towards Damien.

"I didn't see it though" he said jokingly. I knew he was messing around as he's always one of the first to like what I post.

"Guys you gotta follow her" Sarah says

"No I follow her. but I just scroll" Damien replies, everyone starts to laugh. Ian's clapping as well as Shayne. "No I'm joking" he adds but by this point everyone's losing it. Ian's walked off.

"OMG WE UNLOCKED DOUCHE BAG DAMIEN" Sarah yells. I could his his face turn red from embarrassment. Noah and Lasercorn also voted me.

"I work really hard for my 1000 followers and on my social media. You know who you are... Hi Mom... I deliver only the best content" I lift up my sign " so yeah you know what it's me" all of my team cheer, except Courtney who was in shock before cheering as well. Damien then runs over and gives me a high five, I then go down the line giving the rest high fives. It felt really good to make everyone laugh. After the cameras pan to ToxiciTea, Dames came over to me and puts his arm round my shoulder

"Hey well done... but also sorry" he said gave a nervous smile before walking back over to his stand. He probably felt guilt but honestly it's great content.

It all came down to a tie breaker. It was tense. I really didn't want to be slapped. The tie breaker question was harsh.

"Who has the best Smosh ship?"

I personally believe in Shourtney, their chemistry together is too perfect. But I also knew that koah were going to vote for themselves and honestly. I ship it. I wasn't sure which way Courtney would vote but I hoped she might expect Noah and Keith to use their votes on themselves. Courtney looked over to me like she wanted to die. I heard a small laugh from Damien when he looked and saw her face. I knew he would vote for shourtney, I mean we all know they're going to get together at some point.

"You see I can feel the sexual tension next to me... I vote Koah!" I says as I turn my board around. Courtney grimaces at me, but Noah and Keith run over and hug me. Unfortunately Courtney went for Shourtney, which lead to ToxiciTea winning. I felt like it was my fault we lost by one point as I thought maybe she'd realise Keith and Noah would chose each other but well get them next time.

We had just about wrapped up the shoots for the day at 5pm and headed back to the hotel.

———————————-

I used a lot of what Kimmy said and did in the video to make it feel as though Rebecca was actually part of it, also Kimmy said stuff that really fitted with my idea for the character. Xx

I hope everyone's enjoying the story so far! I have a lot planned x

-Liv x