Chapter 48 - Fix this

Courtney's PoV

It's been almost a month since VidCon. I can't believe what happened. This was supposed to be a great experience. First VidCon since the defy shutdown, and summer games has just started to be released, I mean it wasn't all bad. Well some of it was incredible... but that night. That stupid party ruined so much.

Becca's barely spoken. When she comes into work she just seems to edit and write, I guess we're not filming much at the minute anyway but still she doesn't want to be in videos. She's my best friend yet she's isolated herself. I miss her. I miss our group hangouts with the boys. Shayne and I have argued a little more because of it all. I still love him and he does me but the tension between us all really has effected things. I don't know how to get her back. Damien needs to figure this out.

I feel two arms snake around my waist "It'll figure itself out Court" Shayne said planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm just worried about her Shayne. She's not been this bad since... Evan died" I sigh and turn to face him.

"Im worried too, I've been speaking to Ian and he said she's starting to really shut him out too... she looks exhausted" he drops his arms to his side and runs his fingers through his hair. "Damien needs to sort this. But she won't even talk to him. I know that wasn't the real Damien Haas that night, he loves her. He's been just as broken by this as her"

"Hey" I turn to look at the doorway to see Damien standing there. "Talking about me?..." he sighs "How the heck do I fix this?" He looked like he was going to cry, he had dark circles around his eyes. I quickly hugged him.

"Damien... you messed up man. I don't know how to help you fix this but you have to do something soon, Becca's really shutting down on us" I watched Damien exhale in defeat. I haven't seen him this devastated. I feel Shayne take my hand in his and gently squeeze. The reassurance from Shayne settled me down.

"You basically just have to corner her dude. She won't talk to you otherwise. I know you two will fix this" Shayne replies patting Damien gently on the back before he left the room. I give Damien a half smile and quickly chase after Shayne.

"Shayne, wait up" I call out grabbing his hand, he turns around a smiles. "I'm worried about them. They were so perfect" I look to the floor, I feel Shayne gently brush my hair behind my ear, lifting my chin up to look at him.

"They'll get back together, I know they will" he smiles, he presses his lips against mine.

"Ew get a room" Becca's voice interrupts us. I see her smile, it was nice to see her smile for a moment.

"Hey Becs... how are you?" I ask, worried of the response.

"I'm fine. If you need me I'll be in the spare office" she gives a half hearted smile before heading into the room. God Damien really fucked up. She's definitely not herself, I mean if Shayne had done that to me I don't know how I'd react.

"Stop worrying, he will fix this" Shayne's words broke me out of thought. He's got to be right about this. His hand gently placed on my lower back made me relax.

Damien's PoV

I'm so sick of this. I love her, I promised her it meant nothing. It wasn't even me who initiated it. I love her so much and she can't even look at me. I need to speak to her now. I walk around the office trying to find her. I notice her sitting alone in the spare office, perfect. I walk in and shut the door behind me.

"Shit you scared me-" as she turned to look at me her face dropped. "Damien I-"

"We need to talk. Please Becca" she sits there silently. I could see the hurt in her eyes. "Becca, I messed up. But I told you what happened, and I wasn't lying when I said I love you. I fucking love you Becca and not having you even look at me hurts so much. I miss you, I miss us. The way you smile, the way you scrunch up your nose when you laugh at everyone's stupid jokes. I hurt you so much and I understand why you hate me but please, I beg you to be in my life again. I don't want to live without you Becca." I sit down next to her and take her hands in mine, I felt the tears fall down my cheeks. She drops her head to look at our hands.

"Damien, I love you. But you have to understand I haven't loved anyone since Evan, until I met you. You mean everything to me Dames, seeing you with her hit me hard. I trusted you." I gently wipe away her tear as it falls down her soft cheek. "I'm so sorry Damien, I miss you and I love you so much" looking in her eyes all I wanted was to take her face in my hands and kiss her. God how much I wanted to kiss her.

"Becca, it was my fault. I was such an idiot, please don't think it was because of you. I'm so sorry. Can we please fix this?" She quickly wrapped her arms around me. I held her so tightly against me. "I've missed you" I kiss the top of her head. We hold together, I didn't want to let her go.

She pulls away to look at me. A small smile crosses her face. "Can we start over?" Her sweet voices asks.

"I'd love nothing more" I felt the urge to kiss her but I knew maybe it was too soon.

"See Court, I knew they'd work things out" Shayne's voice appeared in the room. We both turn to see the two hand in hand smiling. "Please guys, don't fuck this up again. I can't cope when we aren't all friends"

"Don't worry, we're working it all out. Together" Becca said holding my hand, I look over and smile at her. I will never let myself mess this up again. My life isn't complete without having her in it. I just wish we didn't have to start all over again, if I could I'd go back to that night and change what happened but I'm just glad we're talking again.

————————-
I'm sorry this has almost taken a week, it was written but boi college shows in two weeks and there's loads of lines to learn as we only finished the script this week (sorry I'm rambling)

ANYWHO hope yall enjoy this chapter!!!

-Liv x