Chapter 52 - Positive

Rebecca's PoV

"I'm pregnant" I felt my heart stop for a moment, just looking at the lines on the test staring at me. I look to Courtney for some kind of reassurance or something, but she was in just as much shock as I was. I mean I'm pregnant... I'm having a baby... I'm not ready to be a mother or am I?

"Becca... you're... pregnant" Courtney's voice was shaky but almost from excitement "you're having a baby! OMG!" She grabs me into a hug and holds me, my mind still racing.

"I... a baby... Courtney this is huge... I don't know what to feel"

"Hey it's okay, this is big but we'll take time and figure his out but you're gonna have to tell Damien soon Becca, this needs to be something you discuss no matter what you choose. But you will always have my support with raising the kid" she smiles and takes my hand and squeezes it slightly. We spend the next hour talking about work because I wanted to take my mind off it all when Shayne and Damien comes in.

"Hey Ladies" he says planting a kiss on Courtney's cheek and sending a soft smile to me "Just hanging out?" He asks sliding himself onto the kitchen counters. Damien comes over and puts an arm around my waist.

"Yeah just wanted some girl time, but since you here probably means I should head home myself" I smile quickly grabbing my bag making sure the test was hidden "have a good evening you two" I hug Courtney and pat Shayne's leg as I head out the door with Damien following after.

We both get in the car, I put my bag down by my feet and stare out the window. "Becca? Are you okay?" Damien asks before starting the car.

"I'm okay just a little tired, I guess I'm still not feeling the best" I look over and see worry in his eyes "I'll be okay though but let's just get home" he nods before driving us back. All i could think about was the baby and how to tell him, looking at him whilst he drove completely unaware of any of it. God I'm scared, what are we going to do.

We both make our way inside, I leave my bag on the table and head to get changed whilst Damien ordered in some takeaway. I slip into a hoodie and some joggers, I freshen up a little and pull my hair up into a messy bun. I check my phone to see some messages from Courtney about today but I didn't really want to think about any of that right now, all I wanted was to eat and snuggle up with Damien as though nothing was wrong.

"Hey beautiful, feeling better now?" He asks pulling me close into him. I nod and burry my head into his chest. "Food shouldn't be too long, let's go sit down and start watching some Netflix. I'll let you pick" he winks at me before we wander into the living room and sit. It's not long before we've got our food in front of us and Brooklyn 99 on.

"How was shooting today dames?" I ask taking a massive bite out of my pizza.

" it was pretty good, I always love filming with Shayne. I hear those two are still going strong, I'm so happy for them"

"I think they'll be together forever, they just fit so well together. I mean I know they've had their issues but they'll always pull through" I feel Damien put his hand on my thigh

"Just like us" I smile feeling my cheeks blush before leaning in and giving him a kiss. "Oh Becs I think you've still got my glasses case in your bag do you mind if I grab it out?"

"Of course you don't have to ask" I smile at him and he jumps up and walks over to my bag... I'm suddenly filled me pure panic, the test. "Wait Damien let m-"

I see him pull the test out from the bag, holding it so delicately between his fingers. "Becca... is this... when did..." he could barely form a sentence, I didn't know what to say, I was left almost frozen in the sofa. He looks up making eye contact with me, looking just as terrified as I did. "Is this yours?" He questioned, all I managed to do was nod my head "but this means pregnant right?" I look down to my hand which I found myself picking at my nails

"Yes"

"But when? We're careful... I don't understand" he walked over to me slowly.

"I don't know myself, I only found out today... I'm sorry..." Damien quickly comes and sits by me putting a hand on my low back, still holding the test in his hand.

"Hey, no this is just a lot to take in, we'll figure this out. I'm just a little surprised... I'm going to be a dad... This is insane" I look up at him

"Wait you're not mad?" He quickly puts the test on the table and pulls me into his arms

"Why would I be mad, I love you Becca, it was just a shocked we can figure this all out" I feel him gently rub circles in my back. "I love you Becca, and I have dreamed of a family with you it's just come a little sooner than expected. But I will never let you do this alone" His words filled me with hope. Maybe we are going to be a good family, and I'm glad I have him by my side.

—————————————-
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

-Liv x