Chapter 22 - Wrap Party

Rebecca's PoV

After we finished filming everyone lent a hand to clean up the set. The atmosphere from everyone was incredible. So much love and support from the squad and crew the entire week. Plus the excitement we had creating summer games this year was insane, the fact there was a social media black out (although Keith kinda blew it) and how much control we had we knew this year was going to set a high standard for next year!

All us girls went to go get changed and freshen up in one of the rooms. We were all on a high from everything, we were laughing and joking about the week. I got changed into grey denim shorts and off the shoulder blue and white striped shirt. I put my hair into space buns and put a little bit of makeup on. We knew were having a party but it was still very casual. I was done pretty quickly so I went down stairs to see how everyone else was doing. I saw Shayne playing Football Basketball, as he called it. I went to go join him.

"Hey Becca, wanna play?" He asked while throwing me the ball. I nodded and started trying to make shots, I missed. A lot. We were both laughing as we failed. We played for a while and Shayne had gotten a few in. I lined up and took a shot. It went straight into the basket. I looked at Shayne in shock before I ran at him screaming, we both were so excited. I jumped onto his back and we ran around for a few minutes before almost dying of laughter.

"That was a great shot Becs" he smiled giving me a high five.

"Well clearly I'm a pro" I said laughing. We both went to grab a quick drink from inside. Everyone was either getting food with Matt or still getting changed. It was just Shayne and I in the kitchen.

"So how was your first summer games?" He asked leaning against the counters. I sat up on a counter.

"It's been so great Shayne! I really have loved every moment" he smiled at me.

"I'm glad Becca. And I'm glad you're in videos now. For years we've all talked about wanting to get you in a video but I get why it wasn't the right time"

"I wish I had done it sooner. But I had a lot to deal with" I looked down at my hands and started to pick at my nails. I knew where this conversation was going. I suddenly felt two arms wrap around me. I hugged back. He knew. "Thank you Shayne" he pulled away and smiled.

"I'm glad you're moving on Becca. And with Damien, he will understand" I felt my face go red. How did Shayne know. He laughed at me blushing. Which made me chuckle a little bit.

We talked for quite some time about life and video ideas. Slowly everyone started to come down stairs, we had set out food and there was alcohol. The party was starting. The atmosphere from earlier continued throughout the evening. People were dancing and talking. I was dancing with Courtney for a while before we decided to get more drinks. We were both heading into maybe drink three. I'm a light weight so I'll definitely start feeling it soon. As we headed into the kitchen Keith and Noah were in there.

"HEY ITS THE BOYS" Courtney yells before we all had a group hug.

"Hey girls, enjoying the party" Keith said taking a sip of his drink.

"It's great!" I said putting my arm around Keith. We all started to talk for a while, other people joined into the conversation.

"So Becca, How was your first summer games?" Matt asked.

"It's been amazing. You guys have been so supportive and loving. I love you guys"

"Awwww Becs" Mari pulled everyone together for a group hug. I was definitely feeling a little bit tipsy.

I decided I need to get some air and went outside on the porch. I noticed Damien sitting on the steps looking up at the stars. "Hey Dames" I said sitting down next to him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey Becca. Enjoying the party?" He asked. His eyes were glistening with the moonlight.

"Yeah, just needed some air. What about you?"

"Same really, just wanted a little bit of air before going back in" we both were smiling at each other. I moved closer into him rest my head on his shoulder. I felt his arm wrap around my side slightly. My face was definitely blushing.

The temperature started to drop and I felt cold. "Hey you're shivering" he took off his jacket and gave it to me. "Here put this on" I smiled and put his jacket over my shoulders. "Better?" I nodded. We were still looking at each other. his eyes flickered down to look at my lips, I bit my bottom lip and felt a small smile cross my face. He did the same. I felt myself leaning in. It must have been the alcohol. But I kissed him. He kissed back. This time it was different. There was more behind it. His hand placed on my cheek and the other on my waist. I rested both my hands on his chest. It was a passionate kiss. I moved my arms around his neck and both his hands were resting on my waist. I run my fingers through his hair, it was heated. We deepened the kiss. My mind was telling me to stop but I couldn't, all I wanted was Damien

We broke apart for a second. I was out of the breath. I rest my forehead on his. I felt his heavy breath on mine. I didn't know what to feel anymore. It was definitely the alcohol talking. I looked up at Damien, who was smiling.

"Damien....I" He tucked a stray hair behind my ear, keeping his hand on my cheek. He could probably feel the heat from my cheeks.

"Shhh. It's okay. We can talk about it later" he lifted my chin up and gently kissed my lips before standing up. He offered his hand out to help me up. Shit. This wasn't how I thought the evening would go. I walked back into the house and grabbed another drink. I needed it. I was freaking out. I stayed with Courtney the rest of the evening. I barely even saw Damien for the rest of the party. I mean I guess it was good I didn't who knows what I would do. I definitely drank too much. I started forgetting what was happening. Maybe that was a good thing.

———————-
Things are getting a little heated boiiis!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the story. I'd like to shoutout some readers that constantly vote and comment:
ZoeSaunders0
indium_
Lilyfromdownunder
therealwolfqueen

Thank you to the people who also ghost read (if that's the right term) I see you and I really appreciate it!

-Liv x