Chapter 40 - One of the squad

Rebecca's PoV

Monday rolled around fast, spending the weekend with Damien was nice. I'm head over heels for that boy. I was sat in the office doing some writing when a notification popped up on my phone. I felt frozen. my heart started racing. I wasn't expecting this to come out today. It was my joining video. I was left just staring at my phone. Shit I'm scared.

"So how are you feeling?" A soft voice asked from the doorway, I turn to see a smiling Damien.

"Did you know it was getting posted today?" He nods and sits down next to me. He placed his hand on my lower back.

"We all knew. We really wanted the fans to know before VidCon, you deserved to be able to join us on stage and for the meet & greets" he smiled, I shot a quick look around to see if anyone was there and leaned over and kissed him. He seemed a little flustered as he blushed. "That was risky" he smiled, rubbing circles into my lower back.

"I couldn't resist" he's so cute when he's excited. "So it's official, I'm a main cast member of Smosh!" I'm so excited, this was something I didn't even realise I wanted.

"Come on let's go find the others" he stands up and grabs my hand. I can't wait for VidCon! Not only for the fans but I get to spend some quality time with my boy.

The work day went by fast. We did a little bit of filming and had a few meetings, people were so happy I was official to everyone, I felt like I could get more involved. We were all driving up to VidCon tomorrow so we could set up the booths and get settled. Ian was driving Matt and Sarah and I was driving Damien. It was going to be the best few days.

I packed my bags whilst FaceTiming Courtney, she was so excited. I mean I don't blame her, VidCon was going to be amazing!

"So with the rooms, I think were sharing but do you think some nights Shayne could-"

"Courtney of course, I'm pretty sure Damien won't complain about me sharing with him" we both laugh.

"You two are cute. How are things?" I felt my face blush, the thought of Damien did that too me.

"It's good. Really good" I smiled from ear to ear. I couldn't help myself. I saw Courtney's face light up.

"I'm so happy for you, but don't let him pressure you into anything"

"Courtney he wouldn't, we're going at a good pace. And I've been thinking maybe I'm ready to go a little faster" I wink at her whilst picking up and holding the phone.

"Well I'll need details!" She screams. I roll my eyes and we laugh. "Oh hang on Shayne's here" I watch as she holds her phone up to Shayne's face.

"Hey Shayne" I wave, he smiles

"Hey Becs" I watch as he kisses Courtney to greet her. Almost forgetting I'm there "Awww goals!" He rolls his eyes "I'll leave you two Alone" I wink before hanging up. I finally finish packing and start to read. Tomorrow's going to be fun. I'm deep into reading my book, until my phone starts going crazy. So many messages and notifications, all because I've been announced. I started scrolling through the comments.

Omg! I love her

Hell yeah we Stan a new member!

She fits in so well

Omg her and Damien are way too cute I ship it!!!

Dabecca for LYFE!!!

Why did they bring her in? I prefer the other cast members

Ugh she's trying way too hard!

Where's Anthony?

I stop reading. I really need to grow thick skin but it's so hard not to focus on the negatives. But I managed to pull myself out of the comments before it's too late. I hear a light knock on the door.

"Hey Dork, mind if I join ya?" Ian smiles as I pat the space next to me on the bed.

"Everything okay?" I smile.

"I was about to ask you that. How are you feeling after the announcement?" I lean on his shoulder.

"It's crazy Ian. Like my heart is racing" I can't help but smile so wide.

"You're already getting Shipped, just wait for the fanfics kiddo" I roll my eyes. No one will bother making fanfics about me... right? "Well make sure you're up early for VidCon. I'm so stoked for this year" I could see how excited he was.

"Same, I can't believe what you accomplished this year Ian. I'm glad it's all worked out well" I felt him put his arm around me.

"Look who's talking. You've definitely had the biggest character development!" We both share a smile "Damien definitely found the right girl" I felt my cheeks go a little red "right I'm off to bed, night Dork"

"Night stupid" he's a good big brother. Next stop VidCon!

————————
And off to VidCon we go!

Sorry for the little filler but I felt it was a needed chapter!

-Liv x