Chapter 56 - Calm

Rebecca's PoV

It's been a rough month trying to balance myself between looking after my brothers mental health, my boyfriend, my job and feeling sick from the pregnancy I am beginning to feel exhausted. Ian seemed to be getting better after having a session a week of therapy as there's been a lot building up I suppose but honestly I feel so drained. I need to look after him but I also need to take care of everyone else. I've been sleeping poorly and apparently my morning sickness is just carrying on throughout the pregnancy at this rate. I know Ian feels guilty for taking up my time but I can't let him feel alone again, I know how I felt so I completely get it. And well I love Damien but he's been getting frustrated at me a lot more because I've not been home as much. All I want is to sleep right now but I have too much to do.

I now have to start preparing for them to start kicking, being at 4 months means soon they should start moving around which is a really weird concept that these tiny images on a screen will actually start feeling like little people. Kind of terrifying really as I'm already about 16 weeks into a pregnancy, I'm starting to show which means leggings have been a saviour and jeans are out of the window.

"Hey princess? You going to get some rest today?" Damien sits on the edge of the bed gently rubbing my back as I lay on my side.

"Yeah, but I should probably go see Ian today as I couldn't see him yesterday-"

"Becca, you need to rest up. You're exhausted I can tell. Ian is a grown man who has been getting help and seems much better" I could feel Damien's frustration. "Although he's still off with me" I heard him mumble under his breathe but I wasn't in the mood to have this conversation.

"I suppose so, I just feel bad" I feel the beds weight shift as Damien lies down next to me pulling me into his arms.

"Beautiful, I know you mean well but he has to learn to be alone to an extent. You're pregnant and soon to have two babies to care for, he's going to be okay" I know he's right but it doesn't mean I'm not going to feel guilty.

"I guess" he kisses the top of my head

"Look I'll make a deal if you get rest today we can have a takeaway and watch movies in bed, how does that sound?"

"Okay it's a deal" I squeeze him tightly before he has to get up for work. "Don't be too late please"

"I promise I won't be" he smiled before walking out of the room. I suppose he's right I should get some more sleep. It didn't take long before I did manage to fall back to sleep, I clearly needed it after all. There was one thing playing on my mind a lot recently, how were we going to tell the fans and honestly what if everything goes wrong. Already one of my little ones was smaller than they should be what if I lose them I couldn't imagine how horrible that would be. I know I shouldn't think the worst but that's what I do.

I knew we'd have to start planning for the babies, with clothes, diapers, cribs and literally everything else and since I had nothing to do today I thought a bit of retail therapy can't hurt. Everything looked so adorable, the tiny socks melted my heart. But creating a wish list of items this was not going to be financially easy on us. We don't struggle for money well we didn't, but this wasn't going to be good for the bank accounts and honestly I personally don't want to take out loans because building up more debt won't help in the long term. God why is this so stressful, shopping isn't meant to be stressful.

Ping
CourtBort: hey girlie, I'm finished for the day let's go do something (also dames is gonna be a while long he asked me to tell youu)

Hey court, yes let's do it I can't spend all day in bed, thanks for letting me know!

Courtbort: Yes!! Let's go pregnancy and baby shopping because I wanna see some cute stuff!! Be over in 30

I got myself up and looking fairly presentable, after looking at stuff earlier I didn't really want to shop for the babies but I could do with getting clothes that are going to fit me. Before long I hear her pull up outside, so I grab my bag and hop into the passenger side. It wasn't long before we were singing at the top of our lungs on the way to the store. God I've missed the normality these last months. We walked into the store and instantly I feel overwhelmed there's so much stuff.

"Oh my Becs look at small these socks are!!" I hear Courtney squeal as she races over to the baby clothes. I give her that they are adorable.

"They are so cute! God I'm going to need twice the amount of clothes" I look at the price tag, even socks are expensive

"Twice the amount?" Court looked at me puzzled. Oh shit I never told her it's twins, we wanted to wait to make sure everything was okay and with trying to help Ian I guess I forgot to mention it.

"Oh... I got so caught up in everything I forgot to mention the fact, I'm having twins" I rub the back of my neck and grit my teeth, I feel bad.

"Holy cow! I can't believe, one you forgot to tell me and two you're actually having twins!!" She immediately pulled me into a hug grinning ear to ear. I'm so glad I've got Courtney, I know she'll make a great honorary Auntie.

We continued to shop, Courtney bought a few baby clothes for me, little white onesies with ducks on them, which I promised would be what they wear first. I'm glad To have this moment with Courtney where I can escape all the worry I have right now. She's such a rock, I don't know what I'd without her!

—————————————-
A little bit of a filler chapter but still felt necessary to have, just a sweet little moment with Courtney!

I will be getting more chapters out but then next few I really want to plan etc so sorry if there's a gap again

-Liv x