Part 51 - What is this feeling?

Rebecca's PoV

Life is known for working in mysterious ways, throwing obstacles and treasured moments along the way. Nothing can prepare you for what is to come next. Yes you can plan things out and work towards a goal but you can never be too sure on what could happen next.

I was sitting on my laptop at work, just writing out a few sketch ideas for our next meeting. I'd been off for the last week as I came down with a terrible sickness bug. A few colleagues had it so when I started being sick I didn't think much about it. Well at first. Something felt different, I still felt sick but I didn't feel ill there was definitely something wrong I just couldn't figure it out.

"Hey Becs!" Courtney comes bouncing into the room "how you feeling today?" I shut my laptop and smile up to her.

"I feel better... well kind of" she looked at me puzzled

"What do you mean sort of?" She closed the door and sat down next to me.

"Well, I still feel sick at like random parts of the day but I'm not sick anymore so I don't understand why I suddenly feel sick"

"Sounds like you've got morning sickness" she joked. But I felt my heart drop, I'm late... maybe she's right "Becs? You've gotten pale I'm only joking"

"Court..." her face dropped as well.

"Wait Becca, you cant be..."

"Im late... shit I didn't even think about that... fuck" I felt my heart racing, I can't be... I can't be pregnant

"Becca, just breathe I can see you're panicking just take a moment" I felt her take my hand in hers "I thought you and Damien were, you know being safe?"

"We are... I don't understand"

"Well they can rip... when was the last time you..."

"I mean Court we're living together" I laughed slightly.

"True but is there anytime you maybe weren't careful?" I mean we're always so careful I can't think of a moment we haven't been. I guess maybe when we've been a little drunk but even then Damien doesn't drink. Shit this can't be happening right now. "Hey Becs, it's going to be fine no matter what but maybe get a test and see. I can come with you if you want"

"Please come with me, I'm scared Court what if I am. We've barely spoken about the future like that at least kids weren't in the picture for right now"

"Look don't stress until after you've taken a test. we will go get one after I finish shooting, the boys are staying late for gaming videos so we can go without them being suspicious" I hug Courtney and try not to think about it until later but it's all that is on my mind, am I even ready for children? Is Damien ready? I can't believe this is happening right now.

Time felt like it was moving so slowly, all that was playing through my mind was the possibility that I could be pregnant. I'm terrified. I tried to distract myself with work for a while but it didn't take long before I was sat staring into my phone googling all the symptoms I had been feeling in case there could be any other option.

"You ready to go Becs?" Courtney's voice called from the door, I looked up and smiled quickly grabbing my bag, I shot dames a text to say I was going to hang with Courtney for a bit before getting in her car. "So we're gonna go get a test and then you're doing it round mine to find out and then we can talk about the next steps, alright?"

"Yeah... Court?" She quickly glances over to me and grabs my hand and gently squeezes it "what if I am, then what?"

"Then you tell Damien and you figure out what's best, what ever happens we're all here to support you and him"

"Thank you" buying the test made my heart race, I felt myself shaking so much just holding the box in my hand. It wasn't long before I was sat in Courtney's bathroom staring at the stick not quite sure what I was hoping for. One line for not pregnant two for pregnant, I kept repeating this over and over as I waited the time it said, it felt like an eternity. So many questions going through my head, so many what ifs. I here the timer go off, I take a minute to look at the test sitting on the side. I take a deep breathe and turn it over...

I walk out of the bathroom and met instantly with Courtney. "So what does it say?" I swallow the lump in my throat and turn it around to show her.

"I'm pregnant"

———————————————
Hi guys, hope you all like this chapter!!

Almost done with my first year at uni now 😭😭 and what a sad way to finish a course being stuck in lockdown not being able to do our show but we gotta keep moving forward!!

Thank you for the endless support!!

-Liv x