Chapter 31 - I'm Actually Okay

Rebecca's PoV

After tinder for hotdogs was filmed, I headed back to the writing room to get on with a few sketch ideas. We had been sent the schedule for the rest of this week and most of the week leading up to the 4th of July. I knew after vid con things would be crazy with getting ahead with shoots.

I got settled and very focused on writing. I sat listening to my playlist I use for writing. It's very calm instrumental music to help me focus. I wasn't needed for any shoots until 2pm so I had two hours to get on with work. A few of the cast were off filming Smosh games videos. I had written out a few EBE ideas and some other sketches as well. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump. I looked over my side.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you jump" Shayne smiled sitting down next to me.

"It's chill, I just was very zoned into work" I smiled and took off my headphones "how was filming?"

"Pretty good, Courtney and Damien are filming their gaming shows now so I got time to hang out before the Smosh pit video" he leaned his arm onto the table and rested his head on his chin. "What are you doing for 4th July?"

"I'm going up with Ian to the mountains with our family friends. The guys our dad used to go hang gliding with"

"Oh yeah Ian talks about going there each year. It always sounds pretty good" he's looking at me like he wants to ask something but I'm not sure what he's thinking.

"What about you?"

"Oh not a lot, seeing family. Pretty chill" he smiled but looked nervous.

"Are you okay Shayne?" He looks up at me, his brows are furrowed a little which normally means something's wrong.

"Uh.. yeah.. I'm fine" he looks down at his hands.

"Shayne. Talk to me"

"Well Courtney and I...Well we um..." he starts fiddling with his thumbs.

"Shayne. I know" he looks up at me.

"Wait. You do?" I nod my head "I just don't know what to do now... I mean we've been friends for ages.... I like her Becs... but what if it was just a heat of the moment thing and-"

"Shayne. Stop. Just talk to her. Trust me she likes you" a little smile comes across his face.

"She does?" He had such a pure look in his eyes. I'm so glad my best friends are falling in love. They are too perfect.

"Yes Shayne. So go talk to her" I smile. He gets up and gives me a quick hug.

"Thanks Bec" he looked so happy.

"It's not a problem, Frog legs" he rolls his eyes before sitting back down.

"So what about you Becs. I know somethings going on. But are you ready?" His question caught me a little off guard.

"Nothings going o-"

"Becs don't lie. I know you and I know Damien" he smirked at me. I felt my cheeks blush. "I mean I'd be excited if there is, especially after Evan and tha..." he pauses. He looks terrified he said his name. I felt different hearing his name. It hurt but not in the same way it used to. Maybe Saturday helped. I guess I'm ready. "I'm so sorry Becca I-"

"Shayne. It's okay, I want to talk about him. Actually Damien helped me through it." Shayne tilted his head like a puppy. "Well I broke down on Saturday because I found a memory box. And Damien came over and telling him everything seems to have helped. I'm better Shayne and maybe I'm ready. I'm scared of course but I'm doing okay." I smiled, he took a moment before looking to happy.

"I'm so glad, I gotta say I miss that kid but seeing you smile again. I think he's looking over you and is proud" I felt a warmth in my chest thinking about him. I shuffled my chair closer to Shayne and lent on his shoulder. He put one of his frog leg arms around me.

"He was a good guy. I think he'd like Damien too" I looked up at Shayne and smiled.

"So there is something there?" he raised his eye brows smirking at me. I moved away and punched his arm, before rolling my eyes. He laughed.

"Hey guys were ready to shoot" Ian called from the door way.

"Okay coming Bro" I say jumping up from my seat. We both walk to set joking around. I found my eyes went straight to where Damien was sitting. He looked over and smiled at me, he had a slight blush on his cheeks. I wasn't sure if it was from me or some Smosh punishment of spicy food. I sat down on the sofa next to Ian and Courtney. This was going to be fun. Any good chance I can get at making fun of Ian is always perfect.

"So today were acting out a Halo Fanfic I wrote. 17 YEARS AGO!" he spoke at the camera. I put my arm round him and shook him a little.

"Now we've known about this, for what like a year? But Becca you've known about this for ages before?" Shayne says looking over at me.

"Oh yeah I'm the one who pitched this idea" I smiled sadistically at the camera. Courtney laughed.

"But she's never read it" Ian added

"Oh I have" Ian looked at me shocked "I mean not all of it, I've read some of it" I smiled at him. The cast were laughing a little at us.

"Wait WHEN?" Ian half yells at me.

"Dude I used to edit videos on your laptop, I found it and read it. Duh" I laughed as he looked at me in horror.

"If I can do it Ian. You can" Courtney adds laughing.

"Fine lets get started" Ian says. He hands out scripts and tell people who they're playing. I watch as Shayne acts out the main characters. Ian looked like he wanted to die for most of it. Which was kinda my plan. I would occasionally look over to Damien who always seemed to quickly look away, as though he was staring. I felt my cheeks get a little red at the thought.

Liv and I did a scene as news anchors together, which was pretty cool. Honestly his fan fiction isn't terrible, just a little cringe. But I can see why he got into creating Smosh. He's got a talent for it really. We wrapped up the video. It was a fun time for me maybe not Ian but I got to punish my big brother for the years of torture.

That was the last shoot of the day so we all got to head home. As I was waking to my car I felt someone grab my arm. I turn around to be met with Damien.

"Hey" his soft voices pipes up.

"Oh Hey Dames. You okay?" I look into his eyes, I felt my heart flutter a little bit. I really do like this guy.

"Um... well..." he was stumbling through his words. He seemed nervous. "H..how are you?" He asked looking into my eyes. I felt like he could read my mind. I noticed the way light highlights the green in his eyes.

"I'm.. I'm actually okay" I smile, he smiles in return.

"Good. I hope I didn't make things worse the other night I-" I hug him. I wrap my arms around his body and rest my head on his chest. I felt a warmth in my chest. He paused for a moment before holding me back. I felt his head rest on mine.

"It helped Dames, it really did" I say still against his body. I pull back a little so I could look up at him. He's smiling at me. I go up into my tip toes and kiss his cheek. I felt my cheeks go red and so did his. I pull away fully. "Thank you Damien. I'm glad I have you in my life" he walks me back to my car and we say good bye. I think it's official. I like Mr Damien Haas. Now what?

————————
Thank you again to everyone who reads this story!

I have some many ideas on where this will go

-Liv x