Chapter 57 - Gold Band

Damien's PoV

Things have not been easy these last 4 months, the pregnancy has cause Becca a lot of sickness as well as her taking care of Ian through this pretty dark stage, I mean personally we're probably not as close as we used to be Ian and I but I guess that's what I get for hurting his sister, and I totally understand that. We had a few arguments and I always try to make up for the stupid stuff I say or do, and I know it's caused her to be a little more sensitive I guess than normal especially since she's been worried sick about Ian it's not helped anything. But I have some big decisions I need to make and honestly Shayne has been my rock.

"Yo Damien you ready to go?" Shayne called out from his front door, today was an exciting day we both were starting to think about the next phase especially Shayne and what better way to do that than shop for rings.

"Coming!" I called as I grabbed my phone off the counter.

"We gotta hurry before the girls get home" he seemed so excited this man who pretty much hated shopping was so excited to find the perfect ring for Courtney. I followed after him to the car and hopping in. He started talking about different places to get them and ones he had seen online. Shayne knew he was going to propose whereas I had a lot to think about, I obviously want to but with the babies will it seem like it's only because she's pregnant. Of course I love her but I always imagined being married before having kids but was that what she wanted I'm not sure.

"Shayne?" I asked as I leaned my head back in the seat.

"Yeah?"

"How do you know when it's the right time to propose? I man like how do you know they want to marry you?" I look towards him as he was driving.

"You just do, I love Courtney and I've known for ages I wanted to but the timing feels right and we've talked about it in the past so hopefully she'll say yes" I could see a little smile across his face. As we pulled into the parking lot. We wandered into the store and walked around until we found the ring section. I watched Shayne's eyes analyse each different one making comments on how Courtney deserves the best one. "I think Courtney would want a simple design, she's never been a massive jewellery person and I don't want the ring to be too extravagant."

"What about this one?" I pointed to a small ring with a few scattered diamonds across it, not too in your face but was still beautiful.

"You've got good taste Dames" he began to talk to the worker and had a look at the ring up close discussing prices. I began to walk along the glass cases until I found a ring that caught my eye, it was perfect. Slightly unusual yet incredible, I could imagine myself getting down on one knee and holding this up to Becca.

"Holy shit" I let out as my eyes examined the ring.

"What?" Shayne asked as the worker was packing up the ring Shayne had bought for Courtney.

"This ring, it's perfect for Becca" I said as I pointed to it through the glass.

The rose gold band, and pattern of diamonds I could see this wrapped around her sweet finger

"Woah dude Becca would love that!"

"You think so?" I asked staring at the ring.

"Yes, and look even if you're not ready right now you know you want to be with her so, buy it!" Shayne smiled as he grabbed his gift bag from the counter.

"You're right. We're having a family and I know I'll propose some day soon so heck I'm going to get it before it's gone!" It was an unreal feeling buying an engagement ring for the love of my life... I just didn't know when would be the perfect time, before or after our family arrives. But all I know is I've found the perfect ring for the perfect woman.

—————————-
Short chapter buttttt big things coming soon!!

Thank again for support this story over these long breaks x

-Liv