Frenemies

Rachel POV

I sat up in the hospital bed I was in talking to the only person who cared about me, Ira. We talked for a while until I saw one of my friends rush in, Clara, the sweetest person you will ever meet, unless you make her mad.

Me: "Hey Clara where's everyone else, I thought they would come too."
Clara: "Rachel....they don't want to see you, they think you faked it to be with Ira.."
Me: "What? Even Maya didn't believe this, she didn't believe that her BEST FRIEND is injured because of him!!!"
Ira: "Yeah even I think that's a little too far for them, I just brought her here, I thought she was going to DIE."
Me: "Ira....I know I will talk to them at school when I show up next week from not being there."
Clara: "I will be there too because my parents said it was ok if I transferred there for the rest of middle school."
Me: "Ok, sounds good."

We all talked for a little bit and then my came in to say I needed more rest and that visiting hours were over so I said goodbye to Ira and Clara. I fell asleep shortly after they left.

TIME SKIP TO NEXT WEEK

I walked into school with Clara helping me out with my crutches because I wasn't ready to walk just yet (this is after they won the battle). Clara luckily sat right next to me and helped me with anything I needed, that's more than I can say about a CERTAIN "BEST FRIEND" that didn't have my back this entire time.

Maya: "Clara stop helping her, she's just faking to cover up her time with Ira so just stop it."
Clara: "No Maya, she is hurt and I will help her with anything she needs, even if she doesn't want it I will still help her."
Natalie: "She has a point Maya maybe you should just let her be and help."
McKenzie: "Yeah, even if she was with Ira, I'll still help her."
Maya: "FINE."
Me: "....Maya....I thought you were my friend, but I guess not, have fun with Regina."

We all walked off without another word and after we left she looked really mad at me, what did I do to her, I thought.
After school I met up with Ira because he decided to help me with after school chores and also with my homework, he was really smart, after a while we sort of just talked about school and my friends. He listened to me when I was talking and agreed with me about a lot, he was really sweet.

Me: "Ira...can I....tell you something"
Ira: "Sure what's up"
Me: "I want you to stay here with me"
Ira: "Uh..um..ok s-sure"

Awww how cute he's blushing, I blush softly and hug him. For a bit we glance at each other and quickly look away, this was going on for about 5 minutes but Rory broke the silence between us. He looked frustrated, how cute.

Rory: "Stop it you two, you should be going to bed."
Me: "Yeah I know, thx Rory."

He left the room into a different one.

Me: "Ira you can sleep with me in my bed if that's ok, we don't really have a spare heh heh"
Ira: "Um ok I guess that's fine."
Me: "Ok cool, choose a side and I'll sleep on the other."
Ira: "Ok."

He plopped down on the bed and I did the same, he reached his arm over my waist and pulled me closer to him, I flipped around and hugged him, his chin on my head and my arms on his chest. We slept peacefully through the night.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I want you all to know that I might not update often when school starts so just to let you know that my updates might slow down. Thank you