Beatin' Too Fast

Thank you for the reviews and kudos!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Enjoy!

Beatin' Too Fast

"Are you ready for your first day of school there tomorrow?"

Josh rolled his eyes at another one of his mom's questions as he tossed a baseball up in the air. They've been on the phone for over fifteen minutes as she continued to try and make small talk that wasn't working and led to awkward silence. "As I'll ever be."

"Josh, please try."

Josh sat up on his bed as he heard the desperation in his mother's voice. "Yeah." He listened to his mother's deep sigh and could perfectly picture her pleading eyes.

"How is everything at Shawn's? Are you liking it there?"

"It's okay."

"Are they treating you okay?"

Josh once again rolled his eyes."Yes, Mom. Shawn has been very welcoming and Katy has been nice."

"And Maya?"

He swallowed at the mention of the blonde whose room was next door. He looked over at the wall that separated them. "Don't worry I stuck to our deal and I told her not to fall in love with me."

"Josh."

"What?" he snapped. "I warned her. That was the deal."

"Please don't do anything stupid."

'It's not stupid if she comes to him then it's on her. Not him,' he thought to himself but didn't voice it.

"Did you hear me?"

"Yes, I heard you. I'm going to get off of here and get ready for bed. Goodnight Mom."

"Goodnight Josh. I love you."

Josh closed his eyes at his mother telling him she loved him. He knew he had been nothing but a disappointment lately. "Yeah, I love you too."

He hung up the phone, before taking in a deep breath. He walked over hiding the baseball in one of his bags at the bottom of his closet before deciding to take a quick shower before bed. He needed to clear his head and wrap his mind around things. As he was exiting the bathroom, he about ran into someone who was trying to come in. A smile came to his face at the blonde holding her towel and pajamas.

"Gorgeous."

Josh watched as Maya's eyes looked from his wet hair down to his towel wrapped around his lower waist.

"Enjoying the view?" he smirked, grabbing her attention.

Maya looked up at him with wide eyes before glaring at him. "Could you please move?"

"Could you please stop undressing me with your eyes?" he smiled, remembering her words to him the first night they met.

Maya looked at him appalled as she slid pass him into the bathroom but Josh didn't fail to see the smile before she shut the bathroom door. He had huge grin on his face as he walked to his bedroom door.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Maya sighed, walking over to her locker, tossing her book inside. She hated her first bell with a passion. It always drained her and she still had the rest of the day to get through. Her eyes fell on Riley's locker and she wasn't surprised she hadn't shown up to school today. She needs to remember to send her a text during lunch and make sure she was okay.