Young Hearts

Thank you guys so much for your reviews/votes!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

Young Hearts

Both Maya and Josh swallowed at the sight of Cory sitting down at the kitchen table.

"Which one of you two is going to explain yourselves?"

Maya and Josh both looked at each other as Cory stood up to walk and stand in front of the two.

Maya took in a deep breath before answering, "We were at my tree house," she told him truthfully, making Josh a little uneasy.

Cory folded his arms across his chest as his eyes narrowed in on the two teens. "You were at your tree house at one in the morning?"

Maya nodded, "We were waiting for it to stop raining and we ended up talking and loss track of time," she explained, glancing back at Josh who nodded in agreement.

"Both of our phones are dead so we didn't know the time," Josh added, thankful Maya's phone went completely dead on their walk back to the house as both held up their dead cell phones. "We didn't realize it was this late."

Cory looked at the two suspiciously before reluctantly nodding his head. "Both of you need to get upstairs and get to bed. You have school in the morning and I expect both of you to be present."

Maya and Josh both nodded and started on their way upstairs.

Cory eyed them as they walked passed him. "Josh," he said, stopping the teenage boy before he could get far. "I would like a few words with you," he told him, glancing back and forth between the two. "Alone," he made clear when he saw the teenage girl stop as well.

Maya swallowed hard as she felt her heart drop to her stomach. She glanced at Josh who nodded his head for her to go on. She took a quick look over at Cory before reluctantly walking upstairs and leaving Josh with his brother. She walked into the bathroom to clean herself up some. She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror before adverting her eyes to stare at her reflection. She blushed, biting her lips as she thought about how Josh has seen every part of her and couldn't help but feel a little different as she stared at herself. She kept staring for a moment longer before finishing cleaning herself up and getting dressed for bed. She snuck out of the bathroom and stopped, looking in the direction of the stair and hated knowing Josh was still most likely getting chewed out by his brother. She just hoped it was nothing too bad.

XOXOXOXO

Cory waited until he was sure Maya was upstairs and heard her bedroom door close before looking back at his younger brother. "I want you to be completely honest with me," he told him. "Is what was said the truth?" he asked. "You two were at the tree house, talking, and loss track of time?"

Josh turned his attention from the staircase the blonde just walked up to his brother and slowly nodded. "Yeah."

"Josh."

"Cory," Josh said back in Cory's same warning tone.

Cory sighed.

"Cory, it's not what you think."

"Josh, how can I not think what I'm thinking? It's after one in the morning and you two were out alone. I know your past. I know how you go from girl to girl."

"It's not like that with Maya. I would never do that to her."

"It better not be," Cory warned him before sighing again. "I know since you have gotten here you have been on the right track and I know I haven't been the best brother but please don't do anything stupid or take Maya down with you while doing something stupid."