Run and Hide

Here is the final chapter of Run and Hide. I hope you enjoy!

Happy Birthday Joshua Matthews!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

Enjoy!

Run and Hide

Josh stood stun, staring in to his mother's eyes. He felt his heart pounding in chest as he thought about how he was going to break his mother's heart or the love of his life's heart. He would have to pick between the two most important women in his life and one of them wasn't going to be happy with his decision. His father must have been able to read his hesitation to answer because he felt him walk over and lay a hand on his shoulder.

"Honey, I think we should hold off on that conversation and discuss it later. I think the only thing on this boy's brain is the girl in there laying in the hospital bed. We can talk about whether he is ready to come home or not after Maya is released from the hospital and we still need to talk to Shawn and Katy."

"You're right," Amy agreed with a sigh. "We agreed to talk to Katy and Shawn about everything."

Josh gave his father a weak thank you smile but felt his pounding heart drop at the mention of Maya's parents names. He still wasn't sure where he stood with them and knew he needed to have a conversation with Shawn on his own and it looked like the conversation was going to come a lot sooner than Josh's liking as Maya's parents caught his attention out the corner of his eye as they came over to greet his parents. He stepped back giving them some space as Katy and Shawn caught his parents up on Maya's condition. It wasn't until his eyes made contact with Shawn he stepped forward noticing that he wanted to speak to him. The two excused themselves before finding a quiet spot outside to talk alone. Josh watched as Shawn leaned against the hospital building.

"I know you are still pissed off at me and it doesn't help Maya isn't speaking to you-"

"When I confronted you, you didn't once stand up for yourself? Instead, you left like I asked but now all sudden you are ready to stay and fight because my daughter is laying in a hospital bed and picking you over her mother and I?"

Josh nodded, taking what felt like a punch from Shawn in the stomach. He would be the first to admit he was a coward and handled things badly with Maya. He should have stood up to Shawn and because he didn't he wasn't worthy of her forgiveness but somehow she gave it to him anyway and he was taking it. He wanted to prove to her and everyone else he deserved to be with her. He is the guy she sees him as.

"What was I supposed to do Shawn?" he asked, raising his eyebrows up, he knew he was most likely walking on thin ice. "You already made up your mind about me. You weren't going to believe anything that came out of my mouth even if it was the truth. I wasn't going to be good enough for Maya in your eyes."

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do. Like the party situation. I didn't go to that party to party. I didn't drag Maya there to party. I went there after Riley texted me to get there because she was scared Lucas was going to do something to Maya," Josh told him, grabbing Shawn's attention. "I went there to protect Maya from Lucas who has been harassing her since the two of them broke up and deserves an ass kicking. I know I've made mistakes, big ones, but falling in love with Maya wasn't one of them. She makes me want to be the best person I can be," he confessed, wiping away the tears he noticed starting to fall at the thought of the girl who had captured his heart. "And I know," he swallowed. "Even at my best I don't deserve her but somehow she doesn't care and still wants to be with me and I'm going to take it because I still want to be with her. I love her, she makes me happy, she loves me and say I make her happy too. I want to give Maya a great life, she deserves it. I know, we've made mistakes and I'm sure we'll make more in the future but it's a part of life and I know I want her to be part of my life. I can't pinpoint the moment I fell in love with Maya but I did. I'm in love with her and I'm willing to do whatever I have to do to show I'm worthy of her love."