Holdin' Back

Thank you for your votes and reviews! They mean a lot!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

Holdin' Back

Lucas knocked on Riley's door, knowing the two really needed to talk about what happened. He could see the shock written all over her when she answered the door.

"Come in," she told him after the shock wore off. She glanced over at her parents letting them know the two were going upstairs to talk alone. They looked at her a little suspiciously but gave her small smiles.

"Riley, I'm sorry about what happened last night," he apologized, softly, once the two were alone in her bedroom. "We were both drunk-" he continued, only to be cut off.

"About what?" Riley asked, not looking at him as she sat down on her bed.

Lucas frowned, looking over at her puzzled, "You know about what," he kept his voice low.

"No I don't," she said, finally looking over at him and walking over to stand in front of him. "Lucas, nothing happened. I was hurt. You were hurt. We had a couple of drinks and went our separate ways," her eyes stared into his. "That's it."

"But-"

"Lucas I can't lose my friendship with Maya. She is too important to me. I know you two are broken up but this could still ruin mine and her friendship. Best friends don't do what I did to Maya last night."

"Guys who want their girl back don't sleep with her best friend."

Riley nodded. "I can't lose her."

Lucas nodded. "I can't lose her either."

Lucas held on to eye contact as an unspoken agreement was made between the two. They would never talk about what happened. It would stay between the two of them forever. They would go on with life like nothing ever happened.

Riley nodded, "Nothing happened."

"Nothing happened."

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Riley took in a deep breath and felt the guilt wash through every vein in her entire body at the sight of her best friend when she opened her bedroom door. She didn't know how many more visitors she could handle in one day but she forced a smile as her best friend rushed passed her into her room.

"Bay window! Bay window right now!"

Riley hesitantly shut her door and walked over and slowly joined Maya. She sat quietly, waiting for her best friend to speak. She watched as Maya took in a deep breath and closed her eyes before looking back at her.

"I broke up with Lucas."

Riley hoped her wince at the mention of Lucas's name wasn't noticed by her best friend. She reminded herself what happened between her and Lucas was a huge mistake and it would never happen again. It meant nothing. The two of them knew it was wrong and both were hurting. She swallowed forcing herself to concentrate on her best friend and try to forget all about last night because her best friend looked to be on a verge of a break down herself. She watched as she brought her knees up to her chest. "Why? Why did you break up with him?" she asked, softly. She knew of their breakup but had no clue what made Maya break up with him other than the fact that her uncle was involved. She knew Lucas believed Maya cheated on him with Josh but she wasn't so sure.

"Because I'm not meant for Lucas," Maya breathed out, scared to disappoint her best friend, "And it was unfair to him. I tried to stay in my relationship with Lucas because I thought it was the right thing to do. Everyone around me thought we were this perfect couple and I tried so hard to believe it too. I really did, but if we were meant for each other then why did I fall for another guy so easily? I tried to put walls up and takes steps back away from Josh but it did no good because I couldn't stay away from him. I know you told me he isn't worth the risk but I can't help the way I feel. I want what I want and I want to be with Josh-"