Chapter 13

A/n: So these next like 3-ish chapters will have time skips that are somewhat large, sorry about that, I know I hate time skips, but I also don't want to write 100 chapters of you as a cadet I want to get the Trost battle soon. Hope you guys enjoy!

Y/n's POV-

    I had been in the Cadet Corps for about a month now and was thoroughly surprised at how much I was enjoying myself, and how much nicer it was to have someone training me, rather than trying to train myself through books and practice. I participated in about half of the training the other cadets did, which was mostly training within groups about working as a team.

     The other half of the time, while the other cadets were training their 3DMG and basic fighting techniques, I would train with Levi on more advanced maneuvering and fighting, as well as a few extra hours a week of training with Levi while the other cadets did chores and whatnot. 

     On top of training, I went to all the lectures with the other cadets, most of which were on the history of the walls and what we knew so far about the titans. On some days the other cadets and I would go out for extra training with each other, and on those days I was often drowned in questions, to which I happily answered and helped them to improve.

      Life in the barracks was interesting to say the least, the other girls and I had grown much closer over the last month, and whenever we had free time at night most of us would just sit in the barracks and talk to each other. We talked about our pasts, our relationships, our ambitions, and the other girls liked to gossip and play truth or dare a lot as well, which I often times choose to just watch. 

     Sasha and I had shared plenty of memories over this last month as well, she was becoming a very good friend of mine, as were most of the cadets. Sasha and I tended to go to the forest nearby that was used for training and simply go sightseeing, she even taught me how to hunt and use a bow and arrow. 

      It wasn’t just the girls who I was growing closer to though, Eren, Armin, Reiner, Bertholdt, Thomas, Connie, and I were also becoming good friends, as well as a few others. I often times helped Armin with any endurance training we would do because I knew he struggled with it, and through that we became a lot closer.

     Reiner was like everyone’s big brother, and even through such a short period of time, he established himself as someone we could all come to when in need. Bertholdt was very sweet and that showed through in his training, where he made sure to help others and compliment those who were trying their best. 

     Eren quickly became the cadet I grew the closest to over this past month though. From those first few days when we began to bond, we continued getting closer through our training and free time. Eren had so much ambition and passion that became so contagious.

      Before coming here, my only reason for fighting was I had nothing better to do, so I might as well use my time helping others, but after being around Eren for so long I felt a passion to claim the world as ours once more rise within me. Eren was someone I felt comfortable confiding in and I didn’t know why, it was like over this past month he became my brother, a key piece of a family that I never had growing up.

     Through him, Mikasa, Armin, Sasha, and so many others, I was taught what true family was. But above all of the cadets, the person who I became the closet to was Levi. Of course I was somewhat forced to spend a lot of my time with him to train, but through those times I felt us grow more attached. 

      Levi I knew wasn’t one to open up, Hanji had told me that much while I was still staying with the scouts, but for some reason Levi seemed to trust me. He didn’t tell me everything, but when he was frustrated or upset I began to learn how to notice it, and through my persistence he would tell me what would be bothering him.