Chapter 23

Y/n’s POV-

     “Mikasa… you’re…” I heard Jean begin.

     “Oh walls, I was just about to run out of gas, that was close,” I said.

     “You...am I dreaming this or what?” Jean continued. 

     “You are a genius Armin,” I turned to the blonde haired boy and said, “Jean, we found an Abnormal that’s been fighting its own kind, and he couldn’t care less about us over here, from what Armin predicted, he could be our way out of here.”

     “You mean like fighting fire with fire,” one of the cadets said.

     “Listen to yourself, a Titan’s not going to help us! You’re out of your mind if you think this can work!” Jean yelled.

     “It is working, for whatever reason, he’s rampaging against them. Stand back and let him do it. Trust me. You’ll see. Either way. What choice do we have? Right now that thing is our best chance at survival,” Mikasa said coldly from behind.

     “They’re not going to take this building. Not with him on a rampage out there,” Connie said to Reiner and Annie.

     “That’s all well and good. But what’s to keep him from turning on us once he’s done?” Renier asked.

     “Guess we’ll have to worry about that when we are safe,” Connie said as I walked out of earshot of his conversation

     What was even going on? Everything was happening so fast, I just hope the Scouts are on their way back here, I know an evacuation was called, but knowing Erwin he would probably want to investigate more. Our first priority though needs to be filling our tanks and getting to the wall. From there we can start to figure out the next phase of our plan.

    Armin seemed to have an idea when he saw that one huge boulder on the eastern side of town, but he was obviously wondering how we would ever be able to move it, but with the appearance of this Abnormal, maybe there is a bit of hope for us, as long as we can get our gas canisters filled.

     Jean came in and said, “Good news!” he was carrying old guns, “Courtesy of the Military Police. And covered with a layer of dust. Are you absolutely sure buckshot is the way to go? Seems like we might as well throw spit wads. I mean, come on guys, are guns even effective?” 

     I turned and went over to where he was, Armin next to him on the floor with a plan sprawled out in front of him, “I don’t know, but they are better than nothing. We are looking at seven titans in the supply room, of the 4-meters-tall variety. If we time this perfectly, this much ammo ought to be enough to do the trick.

     Step one, we lower a group into the area via lift to get the Titans’ attention. Step two, when the Titans come within range, the group fires in all four directions simultaneously, blinding them. Then the hard part. The moment of truth, as it were. Before the titans have time to recover, seven of us swoop down from the ceiling and strike their vital regions.

     That’s it, that’s the plan, it puts all of our lives on the line. We screw up, we’re dead. That’s a hell of a risk for one attack, but it’s our only chance. Seven people have to slay seven Titans in one blow, at the same time. We’re going to need the best of you. The seven soldiers most physically gifted and adept with their paring blades. You’ll be the difference between life and death for the rest of us,” Armin explained.

     Everyone seemed to agree, everyone has so much faith in Armin as a strategist that it was a non starter for whether or not we should attempt this. We were all willing to put our lives on the line, because if not, then we would all die here regardless.