Chapter 38

Y/n’s POV-

     I woke up a bit earlier than I usually would that day, which was fine, I had slept quite a bit the day prior. As I sat up in my bed, I couldn’t feel any pounding in my head, which was great, hopefully I wouldn’t have to skip training tomorrow too. I slowly made to stand up, knowing I could be a little off after so long laying down.

     I managed to stand without much difficulty and once I was walking around again, things felt perfectly fine. After quickly getting ready I made my way down to the kitchen to make myself some tea. I passed Eld and Gunther on my way, and they were happy to see me standing and well. As I passed, their scars on their hands where they bit stood out, basically screaming out to me the new trust that emanated throughout the squad. 

     I shot them a quick smile, then finished my walk to the kitchen. Tea didn’t take too long to make and once it had finished I scooped up the cup and wandered toward the basement. This basement was just a plain room that came after a long stone corridor, it was very similar to that of the other rooms, just underground. 

     When I got to Eren’s room, I knocked on the door lightly. There was no response so I quietly opened the door. On the bed diagonal to the doorway laid a peaceful Eren fast asleep. I crept my way in, taking light sips from my tea as I stepped. Once I made it to Eren’s bed I set my cup down and turned to Eren.

     Without any warning I jumped onto the part of the bed Eren was not laying on. Eren’s once peaceful body went flying up, roughly landing back onto the mattress. Eren began to shift around, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, “What the hell,” he paused and looked over at me, now sitting up, on the edge of the bed, “Y/n why would you-”

     “Good morning sunshine!” I said, nudging him in the arm, “Time to get up and get to work, lots to be done before the new cadets show up!”

     I tried to stay cheerful, for Eren, but we both knew we were dreading the new cadets coming. We had no idea whether or not any of our friends would be there. Part of us definitely wanted them to stay far away from the Scouts, but there was also a part of us that was wishing they would come and make everything better for us. 

     Eren was silent for a second, probably debating on whether or not he should comment on the cadets arriving, instead he ignored it, “Aren’t you supposed to be taking it easy today? Not vigorously jumping on my bed to scare the shit out of me?”

     “Well, yeah, but you have to admit, that was funny as hell,” I answered.

     “Whatever,” Eren said, playfully rolling his eyes, “I know you’re the one looking over me, but part of me feels like I’ll end up looking after you to make sure you don’t do something stupid.”

     “Oh shush! Come on, get up and get breakfast real fast, I’ll be waiting by the stables,” I said, grabbing my tea and making my way to the door.

     “The stables!” Eren groaned out.

     I turned around to Eren with a smirk, “What can I say, Levi’s orders kid,” and with that I left for the kitchen. 

     I drank my tea on the way and washed the dish before grabbing a piece of bread and walking towards the stables. I sat down on the ledge outside of the stables, waiting for Eren to get there. After a few minutes of slowly picking at my bread Eld and Gunther showed up, taking a seat on the steps near my ledge.

     Eren showed up soon, dressed and ready to clean. “Are you really just going to sit there watching me do this Y/n?”

     “Hey, it’s basically my job, no complaining kid,” I teased.