Chapter 48

Y/n's POV-

     My body was weak and my mind was consumed as it had been for the past few minutes. Until… suddenly it all stopped. I was able to open my eyes, my mind felt back to normal as if nothing had even happened. 

     I slowly stood up on the tree branch I was on. My weak body almost felt like it was healing itself from the inside. I took a few steps to make sure I was okay. What just happened to me? I looked over at the female. Just then she had taken Eren’s dislodged body and stuffed it in her mouth. I heard a scream from the east. Mikasa.

     Why couldn’t I do anything to protect Eren while he was in his Titan form. Why had I barely been able to move. Was this something the female did? Did she have an ability to do this to those around her. It couldn’t be, why wouldn’t she have just done that as she was chasing the squad in the first place.

     So. Levi made me leave to protect the squad and Eren, and they ended up letting the female get away. Then I trusted my squad to defend themselves and they all died. Now I was supposed to protect Eren and he is...no. He isn’t dead. She needs him for something, she wouldn’t kill him, he must just be in her mouth. 

     Eren can’t be dead. I don’t know why, but I feel the same way I did back in Trost, it never felt like Eren was gone and it doesn’t feel that way now either. Mikasa was here, surely Levi would be here soon, he should have been making his way here if he heard Eren, the three of us can still do something, I feel fine now. We can still save Eren.

     I heard the zipping of gear and someone land next to me, I turned my still slightly weak body to the person and saw it was Levi.

     “I heard you scream. Are you okay?” he asked.

     I let out a sigh, “It’s a long story… I don’t know what happened, but after Eren started to fight, my head pounded and my body grew weak and numb. It went away after I screamed, I feel fine now, I just need a little bit to gain my grounds again… I should be fine to use gear.”

     There was silence between us, the female began to run off with Eren. She was trying to escape.

     “I’m sorry, I trusted our squad, they told me to take Eren and go… now they are all… and I couldn’t even protect Eren like you and the squad had told me to. I tried to tell him to keep going and let me handle it, but his rage deafened him from my concern.”

     “Don’t apologize, there isn’t any time for that, you are alive… is he?”

     “They surely need him for something… he’s alive, I can promise you that. It’s stupid, but I can just feel he is alive, he has to be alive.”

     “Then let's go, You sure you are fine?”

     “Yes, by the time we catch up to the female I think I will be just as I was before that all happened, I can explain it more to you and Hanji later. I heard Mikasa, you know, his adoptive sister, she is probably going to go try and fight, she’s protective over him.”

     Levi nodded and we both took off in the direction the female went, it was so relieving to feel myself again, my own clear thoughts, my own strength, all of it. I took a deep breath and focused. It was time to fight now. 

     As we started to catch up I watched as the female fell to the ground, Mikasa was definitely fighting her. The female got back up and punched the tree Mikasa was perched on and Mikasa jumped off. The female began running off again and Mikasa took off after her.

     “We need a plan,” Levi said, catching up to Mikasa and scooping her out of the air.

     I quickly followed the two close behind, “Wh-What?” Mikasa asked.