Chapter 25

A/n: Really fast I want to clear up some stuff for those of you concerned with pedophilia in this story. I know it isn't super clear, but when Levi first meets Y/n when she is 15 he is NOT attracted to her, at all. But, instead, as he gets closer to her, he begins to see her and her abilities as an equal to him and he had never felt that before and that makes them a lot  closer. On top of all this Y/n is very mature from a young age, she is able to handle herself and speak for herself very well, this helps Levi to see her as an equal. As she grows older, turning 18 as she did a few chapters ago, Levi begins to realize just how much he cares for her more than a friend, but his romantic attraction does NOT come until after she is 18, and as this is a no smut book, Levi is NOT sexually attracted to Y/n's body in anyway. Thank you for you understanding, now, enjoy the chapter!

●●●

Y/n’s POV- 

     The four of us accompanied Commander Pyxis up to the top of the inner wall, where we could all talk in private. We explained absolutely everything to Pyxis, from Eren as a Titan, so the basement in Eren’s old house. Pyxis, seemed to believe our words, saying, “I can tell the difference between the unctuous and the sincere, which is why I personally guarantee your safety.”

     We talked for some time about Armin’s plan to use Eren to retake Trost, he explained how he couldn’t guarantee the plan would work, but knew that Eren could very well be the key to lifting that boulder and closing the hole. 

     “What do you say, Cadet Jaeger? That hole. Do you think you can plug it up, son?” Pyxis asked.

     “Well, I… I don’t know,” Eren respond, “It’s possible, but at the moment, I don’t understand my power any more than you do. It’s just, I sort of feel irresponsible giving you an answer. Because, I don’t really know.”

     “Ah yes, of course, my apologies. I asked you the wrong question. Are you willing to, Cadet Jaeger, or not?”

     “I’ll do it...I’ll do it! I don’t know if I can seal that hole. But, I’ll do it!” Eren said with deep grit in his voice, sheer determination that lifted us all. 

     “Well said. You have the heart of a lion,” Pyxis said, patting on Eren’s shoulders, he stood and walked towards the edge of the wall, “Senior officers, come gather! We have a strategy to establish.”

     “What? It’s just a wild idea. I didn’t think it would actually be executed,” Armin called out.

     “It’s ok Armin, it’s a good plan,” I said.

     “I thought the same thing Armin, but there's no point in wondering with his judgement, Pyxis probably sees something that we obviously can’t,” Eren said.

     “Something we can’t see?” Armin asked.

     “Either way, before we execute this strategy, we have a fundamental issue. The commander clearly understands the situation.”

     “Which would be?” Armin asked Eren.

     “Our enemies aren’t just the Titans,” Eren finished before Pyxis came back over, leaving all of us to ponder on the possibility of Eren’s statement. 

     Pyxis approached with a few commanding officers and explained to us how we would all need to participate in this mission. Mikasa, Armin, the commanding officers and I walked over to the North edge of the wall where Armin found a map of Trost district. 

     We all began to discuss a strategy for everyone to follow while Pyxis and Eren left to announce to everyone the basic outline of the mission. While Armin began to draw up a plan on the map I turned and listened as people screamed from the ground at the idea of a recovery mission. Finally to stop all the chaos Pyxis called out to get everyone’s attention.