Chapter 3

KARAS POV

"James! You needed me?" I asked.

"I need to ask you something. If that's okay?"

"Yes of course! What does Mr Olsen need to know?"

"Do you like Lena? Like, more than a friend?" James replied.

I just stood there with no emotion in my face. What?! James just asked me if I like Lena. In that way. More of a friend way..

"I'm sorry it's just, you guys and your.. don't worry."

"Our what?"

"Gay undertones, Kara."

I just stood there and burst out laughing. "What? I'm not gay. Just because Lena is doesn't mean I am. We don't have.. what was it? Gay undertones?" I responded

"We're just friends James. Nothing more. I.. I have to go. I have better things to do."

As soon as I got out of his office Lena was standing there waiting for me. And that's when I started questioning if James knew about me liking her. I may of said that I'm not gay. But why would I want anyone to know? My sister and Lena lost loads of people coming out. I guess I'm just a coward and I don't want to lose people.

LENAS POV

"Kara? Is everything okay? You look upset and paranoid" I asked, worriedly.

"Uh yeah. Everything's fine. I just.. can we talk?" She asked.

I nodded. I was confused, we were fine this morning. What changed in the past 5 minutes with James which made her want to talk?

Kara took me into some kind of alley way, I'd never seen this before.

"Look Kara, you're starting to worry me. What happened with James?" I asked.

"He thinks I'm gay. Ugh, this is horrible and confusing and stressful. I don't want anyone to know! What do I do?" She responded.

"Kara it's not a bad thing that you are, it's okay to be gay. Why does he think that anyways?"

"I know that, Lena. My best friend and my sister are gay. And I don't know, he said the gay undertones between us. But there are none.. right?"

I froze, I never really thought about that. Kara is my best friend. I am hers. "Uh well no, I mean, why would there be?"

"I don't know, Lena. I'm just panicking about it, I don't want people to find out. It scares me."

I looked at her, and moved my hand to cradle her face. "Kara, hey, look at me." She looked up straight into my eyes. "Look, don't worry, okay? James won't say a thing if he finds out. I promise you. It'll be fine. I'm by your side."

"Thank you Lena." I said whilst pulling her into a warm hug.

"Kara, can I at least as you something?" She nodded at me as we pulled away from the embrace. "Why are you so scared? About the gay undertones between us? I mean not that we have any?"

"I.. uh.. I just.. I don't want people to think we're together. I mean I wouldn't care if we was, it could ruin your reputation, being with me. You're perfect. And I'm just.. Kara"

Kara looked down to the floor, she seemed upset and embarrassed. "I'm sorry, Lena. I didn't mean to come across as selfish. I just.. your career is important, I don't want to ruin it by false information going around"

I knew she was lying to me. Crinkle. It wasn't just about my career. There was something else. I don't want to push for it though. I don't want to make her uncomfortable. But I'm so damn curious to find out what else it was about.

"It's okay. You're more important than my career. I'm the CEO. The boss of everyone at L-Corp. And now I own CatCo which means I'm also the boss there. Even if there were gay undertones, Kara Danvers, people would have to deal with it. And you're not just Kara. You're beautiful, and funny. You're the biggest dork ever. And that is what I love about you."