Chapter 13: Waiting For You

Unnamed Location – Korea

--

A UH-60P helicopter tore noisily through the night sky, flying just high enough to not disturb the trees and any sleeping children.

Inside the helicopter, Changsub cocked his pistol and set it to safe before he checked his GPS. According to their sources, they were within ten kilometres of their target.

"You sure that it's him?"

Back at Close Protection Unit Headquarters, Irene watched the situation from her own command centre. She was wearing a headset that connected her directly to the field.

"Positive, intelligence confirmed that he escaped Seoul in the chaos and made his way to a safe house. We have confirmed facial recognition on the target from footage at Seoul station."

Changsub snorted. "Amateur," he said derisively.

Beside him, Minhyuk shrugged as he kept his eyes on the jump light. "Tell me about it."

"It might be a trap," Seulgi said on the other side of the helicopter. She checked her watch and read the display. 2:13 AM.

"Irene, when did he reach the safe house?"

Irene waited for one of her techs to bring up the information on one of her screens. "The attack happened around 10:15 yesterday morning, footage confirms that he got on the 3 PM train and arrived in this town around 8 PM. We can assume that from the fact that there is a car outside of the safehouse that it may have taken him an hour to get there."

Ilhoon shook his head, "That is a lot of conjecture."

"It's our best option at this moment," Irene's voice was firm. "The sooner we can him, the sooner we can start getting information out of him."

The jump light flickered to red, casting a red glow in the cabin, telling them to get ready.

"Insertion point approaching in two!" one of the pilots called from the front.

Working in unison, the four specialists in the back clipped onto their respective jumplines before they opened the side hatches of the helicopter. Strong gusts of wind blasted through the helicopter as they grabbed onto their drop ropes.

"You alright, Changsub?" Minhyuk called from his side. "You sure you remember how to do this?"

Changsub nodded, hoping that the red light was hiding his anxiety. "It's like riding a bike."

The light changed to green. "Go, go, go!" the pilot screamed at the top of his lungs.

Instantly, the four of them threw their ropes outside of the helicopter and waited three seconds before they turned and threw themselves from the helicopter, repelling off the ropes they had just thrown.

With four soft thuds, they landed on the ground and immediately made their way towards the safe house.

"Irene?" Changsub whispered into his headset.

Irene quickly ordered infrared imaging from the UH-60 and got it on her feed within seconds. "There's no signs of a trap. There's only one person inside."

Seulgi shivered. "It's like he wants us to find him."

Changsub switched on his helmet cam, linking the feed to Irene's screens. The rest of them followed suit and soon Irene had four perspectives in front of her.

"Orders?" Changsub asked.

"Alive in possible," Irene told them.

"Yes ma'am."