Chapter 16: Started In The Geek Squad

Yeri watched as Joy rummaged through her closet, looking for clothes that were appropriate for her mission. She was lying on Joy's bed, casually alternating her attention between Joy and her phone.

"I don't know what you're so worried about, unnie," she said, scrolling through her phone. "If Sungjae's seen one suit, he's seen them all."

Joy ignored her comment, folding her clothes away neatly before placing them into her suitcase.

Yeri looked up from her phone to catch what Joy had put into her suitcase. "That must be the third business suit that you've packed.

"Don't you have anything more... romantic?" she asked innocently.

Joy threw a hanger at her in response, which Yeri dodged. "We're going on a business trip. I'm going there with him to protect him."

"Protecting your boyfriend," Yeri twirled the hanger. "Got it, got it. But you're pretending to be a married couple, right?"

Joy looked at Yeri in confusion as she nodded.

"Married couples don't wear suits on their honeymoon," Yeri reminded Joy, now sporting a grin on her face. "Usually, the wife wears casual clothes, dresses, skirts, sexy lingerie..."

"Yah, Kim Yerim!" Joy's face was quickly turning red.

"I'm just saying," Yeri shrugged as she sat up. "Imagine this, the two of you, in your hotel room. Things are starting to heat up, but you're in a suit.

Yeri laughed as she looked at Joy's mortified reaction. "You should only pack some dresses if you're going to trick people into thinking that you're honeymooning."

Joy grudgingly nodded and unzipped the suit she had just packed. "Which one do you think I should bring?"

"Not just one, unnie," Yeri groaned. "You're on your honeymoon! Be more romantic!"

She shook her head. "How did you even start dating him before the military decided to erase his memory?"

Joy's hands stopped moving and she looked over at Yeri, a small smile on her face.

"I did promise to tell you, didn't I?"

Yeri nodded.

Joy crawled over to the bed and rested herself against it. "It started when I was in the special forces-"

"Unnie, you were in the special forces?!' Yeri asked in shock.

Joy glared at Yeri. "Do you want me to continue?"

Yeri placed on an imaginary lock on her mouth, threw away the key, and waited in anticipation for Joy to start.

Joy playfully nudged the younger woman. "As I was saying, it started when I was in the special forces..."

--

Unnamed Facility – Seoul, Korea, Three Years Ago

--

Sooyoung stood at attention in the center of her commanding officer's room, her arms tight by her side. The desk in front of her was empty, the Korean flag hung proudly behind it. She had lost track of the time that she had spent waiting, the s aide outside had ushered her in earlier and left her there.

She heard the door to her left open as she heard her commanding officer come in, followed by his senior enlisted advisor and aide. He walked around her and sat down at his desk, giving Sooyoung a stern glance as he got comfortable in his seat. His aide stood behind him, while the sergeant major stood by Sooyoung.