10 | m r . h a t

{T} he first years crowded into the hall, and I tried to get glimpses of where Harry was.

Pushed with the crowd, I tried my best to stay out of everybody's way. Until Draco grabbed a hold of my wrist, pulling me towards him. "Honestly, Potter. Who's taking care of who?"

"Awww." I said, giving Draco a side hug. "This side of you is so cute, Malfoy."

Draco scoffed, "Shut up."

I looked around, amazed that this was going to be my home for the next seven years.

"Draco Malfoy." the Professor announced. I gave him a squeeze on the arm and he stepped forward, seemingly a bit worried.

Barely even touching his head, the hat called out, "SLYTHERIN!"All the worry melted away into a knowing smirk. I exhaled, knowing what was going on in his mind.

More people got called up, until it was Harry's turn. Looking closely, I saw him muttering "Not Slytherin. Not Slytherin." It made my stomach turn. His friends must have told him.

I cursed myself, I should have talked to him about that. Now he was starting off in the wizarding world with bias. Great.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the sorting hat bellowed. The gryffindor table exploded in cheers. They had gotten the boy who lived.

"Alexandra Potter."

I sat on the stool, feeling pierced by all the eyes. "It's Lexi, Professor." I whispered to Professor McGonagall.

She didn't say anything, except give me a tiny smile, and put the hat on my head.

"Hm. Interesting, a twin. Well, you're not much like your brother. Perhaps you could be even more... You have potential, of all the houses, really. But, I can see where you're trying to go. And to go there..."

"I know." I glanced at Harry who was watching intently. I smiled, a real one.

"SLYTHERIN!" The Slytherin table burst out clapping and hollering. Mostly aiming to get back at the Gryffindor table. I watched Harry's face turn to one of confusion. It hurt.

I walked over to Draco, who was smiling ecstatically. "Never you had it in you, Potter."

"Shut up, or I'll mess up your hair, Malfoy." I chuckled, taking a seat beside him and Blaise. I took note that Pansy had also gotten into Slytherin, which gave me mixed feelings.

"Slytherin has a Potter!" Blaise cried, pumping his fists. "WHOO!"

I laughed, feeling at home. Dumbledore talked for five minutes. (I'm not really sure what he said, I was making faces with Blaise.) But, the important thing was that he called for the feast, and I was hungry.

Draco and I reached for a chicken leg at the same time. I rushed forwards, determined to get the biggest drumstick. He snatched it before I did, however, leaving me pouting.

Laughing at my expression, he put it on my plate, and reached to get another one for himself. "You have to eat more, Potter." he shrugged when he saw my expression.

"Aw, you really are my best friend, aren't you, Malfoy?" I said, taking a bite out of the leg and enjoying the juicy chicken.

Draco just shrugged in response, smirking. Piling up my plate, I saw a plate of lemon tarts, Draco's favorite. I wrapped a few of them in a napkin, to save them for later.

Stuffed, I rubbed my stomach. From the corner of my eye, I saw Pansy trying to feed Draco. Okay. That's fine. When he refused, dodging her hand, I felt a sense of relief.

I grew a faint sense of dislike for Pansy. I knew it was wrong, and that I was just jealous.

Harrumphing, I snatched a brownie from Blaise's plate. "Hey!" he protested. When he saw my expression, he backed away and handed me another brownie. "Peace offering," Blaise smiled.

As I was about to take a bite, Draco plucked the brownie out of my hand and took a huge bite. "Thanks, I was craving some chocolate."

"My brownie," I whined. Blaise tried to hand me another one, but Draco took that one as well. The boy sure liked brownies.

"Here." Draco said, giving me a green apple. "Healthy."