08 | h o g s m e a d e

{P} ansy was already in the dorm, her bed cluttered with potential outfits. "Hey, Potter." she greeted without looking at me.

"What are you going to wear?" I said, opening my wardrobe.

"I dunno. Probably this," she showed me a cute dress. "How about you?"

"Uh. I don't know." I frowned, I had a variety of sweaters to choose from, but today I was feeling a bit more... special?

"Pansy took a glance at my wardrobe and blanched, "No way are you wearing any of that to your first date."

"Huh." I didn't think of that. "Would it really be considered a date?"

"Well, even if it's fake, it's still a date. Lucky bitch." She rolled her eyes, making me laugh. "What are you feeling today? A 'I've killed my husband and I can kill you' vibe or a 'I'm cute as fuck' vibe?"

I plopped on the bed, nibbling on a sugar quill as I watched her hold up my options. "Hm. I don't know." Honestly, I felt like both.

"It all depends on the first date's mood to determine how the rest of your relationship is going to go." Pansy said, "Obviously you guys are still friends, but it's a bit different now, you feel?"

"Huh. Who knew I could get so much relationship advice from someone who's never been in one." I said jokingly as Pansy rolled her eyes. "Besides, it's still a fake relationship. You can choose for me."

 Pansy stared at the outfits for a good two minutes and then handed me an off the shoulder light green sundress. "There's more in my closet if you don't like it."

"No, it's cute. You have to tell me where you shop." I said, admiring the outfit, then frowned when a thought popped into my head. "Pansy, you literally go up to my knees, you munchkin. Will this even fit?"

She threw the dress in my face, "Potter, we are two inches apart!" 

"Are you guys done?" Blaise yelled impatiently from the common room. "Malfoy and I are this close to just going on a date ourselves!"

A loud thwack could be heard from the common room.

"Tell Malfoy to bring a jacket!" Pansy yelled as a wicked smile took place on her face, "I'm going to style you so pretty that Malfoy won't be able to take his eyes off you." 

I changed into the dress, but my prior concerns were echoed as it was shorter than intended. Pansy ushered me to a chair and worked on my hair. It felt so great to be dolled up once in a while, my confidence was boosted sky-high at this point.

Pansy was fussing over my hair, my make up, and my jewelry. Out of nowhere, I felt a pang for my mother. If she were here, would it feel something like this?

"Done," Pansy announced and stood back to let me see the mirror.

"Oh, wow." I gasped as I looked at myself. "You have the hands of Merlin."

"Merlin couldn't have been this good," she said proudly, shoving me downstairs.

"Hey, what took you guys so long-" Blaise faltered as his gaze turned to me. "Wow. Is that really you, Potter?"

Draco looked equally astounded, if not more. At Blaise's words, he blinked as if out of a trance and smacked the back of Blaise's head. "Don't stare at my girlfriend, dumbass."

---

"Draco," I whispered excitedly as we were walking to the entrance of Hogsmeade. "I look seriously adorable today!"

He stifled a smile as he replied without missing a beat, "You're always adorable, Potter."

"Wow, that was crazy smooth."