07 | o o p s

{O} kay. So Draco and I were now dating. Well—pretend dating.

Now the problem was how to tell Harry. Not to mention Remus. Not to mention the entire school.

"So." I started as Draco and I were heading to the Great Hall. "How are we going to tell Harry?"

"Ah." Draco murmured, his brow creasing, "The other Potter."

"Also, are we going to-like-" I stumbled on my words, "-are we going to be affectionate in public?"

"As affectionate as you'd let me, Potter." Draco smirked, "And before I forget to ask, you didn't have your first kiss, yet, did you?"

My face flushed but I kept my tone even, "Nope." I rushed to defend myself, "Not because I couldn't, obviously. Just because I didn't want to."

Draco tilted his head in a fake pout, switching on his puppy dog face, "Would you want to with me?"

"Well have you?" I asked, quickly changing the subject, "Have you had your first kiss?"

His eyes had a mischievous sparkle as he answered, "No."

"Well, then." I shrugged, "I think that we should tell Harry before we do anything? And then hold hands or something?"

Draco gasped for dramatic effect, "Premarital hand-holding? How scandalous."

"Shut up." I pushed him away as he started laughing, "What do you think, though? Truly? I would totally understand if you didn't want to do this."

He shrugged, "I'm fine with anything."

I beamed, my steps becoming lighter, "Okay, then. Lead the way, boyfriend."

Draco raised an eyebrow at me, "Cheesy as ever, aren't you, Potter?"

"Anything for my boyfriend."

Today was our first trip to Hogsmeade, and we were on our way to tell everything to Harry.

"Brother, dear!" I said in a cheery voice, as we found the trio eating breakfast, "I have news!"

Harry looked up gloomily, "Oh. Hey, Lexi."

I frowned, "Is something wrong?"

"I can't go to Hogsmeade." Harry said, bitterly, "I couldn't get the trip letter signed."

Okaaaaay. Screw the Dursley's. So this might not be the best time to tell him I was "dating" his rival.

"Can't Dumbledore just let you go? I mean, he knows what kind of a situation you're in. He's the one that put you in it!"

Harry shook his head sadly, "Nope."

"Can you ask Remus? He's my guardian, so-"

"No." He sighed, long and deep, looking as if the world was crashing all around him.

I glanced nervously at Draco. He frowned and shook his head.

"Can we sneak you out?" I offered as a last resort.

"Lexi!" Hermione chided.

"What? The poor boy's suffering!"

"Wait," Ron interrupted before Hermione could rant about how sneaking Harry out could get us expelled. "What's with you two?" Ron asked, pointing at me and Draco suspiciously.

"What?" I asked, as nonchalantly as possible, my palms suddenly sweating.

"You guys seem different. Weird." he shook his head, "Bloody hell, I'm going insane. You guys would never believe what I just thought." He laughed wholeheartedly, "Imagine if Lexi and Draco were a couple!"

I froze, and something must have been terribly off with my expression because Hermione and Ron suddenly looked worried.

"Lexi? It's not true, is it?" Hermione said, glancing at Harry to make sure he wasn't flipping out.

"What's not true?" I asked, my face immediately going slack. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"That-that you and Draco are..." she trailed off, looking to Draco for an answer as she could tell I wasn't going to say anything.

Draco's brow furrowed as he looked at the trio's horrified faces. His hand then slipped into mine confidently, "Yes, actually. Potter and I are dating. Aren't we, Potter?"

"I-well-I-" I looked at him in disbelief until finally surrendering, "Yes. Yes, we are." Who knew out of all people, Ron Weasly would catch us off guard?

Hermione and Ron's jaws looked like they were on the floor. Harry on the other hand, did not share the same expression. His face was dark.

"You-you're going out with Malfoy? Out of all people?" he asked, his voice deathly quiet.

"Yes, but let me explain-"

"Why?" he burst out, "He's a prick! He hates muggles-" I felt Draco flinch. "-Not to mention he's a-" Harry glared at Draco's robe in disgust.

My face darkened, "A what, Harry? A Slytherin?"

"That's not what I-"

"No. That's exactly what you meant." The urge to explain the situation to him disappeared immediately. "Harry."

He flinched at my tone.

"Do I need to mention that I'm a Slytherin as well? Do I have to remind you that you would have been in Slytherin if you didn't beg the Sorting Hat to put you in Gryffindor? Don't call Draco a prick. If he hated muggles so much, then he wouldn't be here, holding a half-blood's hand. And to make it clear, who I date isn't really your business, is it?" I tightened my grip on Draco's hand, "I'll talk to the teachers to try to get you into Hogsmeade, and we'll talk again, okay?"

I turned to Ron, making him flinch away from me, "And you, Ron Weasley! You're going to ace Divination."

As we were about to leave the Great Hall, I realized that all eyes were on our intertwined hands. I could almost hear the fan club seething in the corner, driving deadly stares to the back of my head.

---

"Ohshitohshitohshit." I said as I was pacing back and forth in the common room, "That was way too harsh, wasn't it? I got carried away cause he called you a prick and Harry was already sad enough as it was and-"

"Sorry," Draco said quietly. His eyes were trained to the floor, and his face was in an adorable frown.

"For what?"

"We said that we would tell everyone after you told Harry and Remus. It's my fault if the other Potter's mad at you now."

"It's fine." I ruffled his hair, trying to suppress my smile, "I'll clear it all up after we get back from Hogsmeade. Besides, Harry sort of deserved that one. It really sucks that he can't go, though. Let me go get changed."