18 | v i c t o r y ?

{W} e were going to win. I was going to make sure of that.

I pulled Harry aside. "You know I'm not going to hold back, right?"

"Course." He nodded.

"So you can't hold back either, okay?" I said seriously. "I love you, but on the field, different story. Good luck, Harry." I said, ruffling his hair. "You're going to need it." I could see that he was nervous.

"Hey, I'm older than you." he protested, messing up my hair in return.

"Only by a few minutes," I rolled my eyes. I tilted my head upwards, "I think I'm more mature out of the two of us."

As I was heading to the field, I saw Draco say something to Harry. His expression dropped a little bit. I marched up immediately and roughly pulled Draco away.

"What did you say?" I asked, cornering him against the wall.

He shrugged innocently, seemingly not at all concerned, "I was just telling him how good you were."

I narrowed my eyes. "Don't bother Harry, okay?"

Draco pouted, "It's mutual."

"Besides," I smirked, "You have to cheer for me. Now smile."

He smiled his lopsided smile, the one he rarely showed. I could see that he was excited for the game, as Quidditch was one of Draco's favorite pastimes. I pinched his cheek, "Aw, there's my little Draco."

His scowled, his lower lip jutting out, making him look like an adorable puppy, "I'm not a baby, Potter."

I wanted to laugh, my best friend was so cute!

Pansy skipped into view and interlocked arms with Draco. "Hey, Dray-dray. Sit with me?"

Draco looked uncertainly at me and then at Pansy, as if asking my permission. I plastered a smile on my face and shooed them off.

Grabbing my broom, I took a huge breath. All I had to do was to grab the snitch before Gryffindor won too many points, then the game would be over. Slytherin had kept the cup for seven straight years before I came to Hogwarts. I was determined not to lose it to any other house.

Flint attempted to make a motivational speech, "Go and win." Wow, what an inspiration.

"And remember," I added, standing up and staring at my team dead in the eye, "No foul play. Or I'm going to stick this broom up where the sun don't shine," I threatened. Some of the boys paled, knowing I wasn't joking, while others looked amused. "Let's go."

We entered the pitch, and then, with the blow of a whistle, the game finally started. I blasted off into the air, searching. I made sure not to go too high, so I could see everywhere. Harry was sitting on his broom, admiring the view. I rolled my eyes.

From the stands, I saw Draco, Pansy, and Blaise cheering. Snape was also watching, quietly observing the players.

I saw a glint of gold to the right, and swerved to find it. Out of nowhere, my broom started to shake. My heart dropped for a second as I lost my balance, and I let out a sigh of relief as I found my footing again.

My broom started to shake violently, almost throwing me off the side. I was only hanging by my arms now, my legs dangling in the air. My palms were drenched. I tried to swing my legs up to my broom, only to fail, and become even closer to falling.

I saw Harry fly towards me, his broom perfectly fine. I hung by one arm as my broom begun to stabilize. I swung my legs up again, successfully this time. Upside down like a sloth, I spun around, now upright. My entire body was shaking, I couldn't think straight for a moment due to the shock. I could have died. I was at least seventy feet in the air.

Harry was still next to me, checking if I was alright. Stupid, loyal, idiot. He could have gotten the snitch. I waved him off, signaling that I was fine. First I would finish the game. Then, I would deal with the bastard who tried to kill me.

Catching my breath, I flew higher, making up for my missed time. Gryffindors were ahead by a some points. After a few minutes of searching, I finally found it. Near the ground, a familiar golden ball was whizzing about. Harry was already on it. I dove, Harry not too far in front of me.

He had seen it first. We flew below the bleachers, above the Hufflepuff stand, and into high altitude. Until it dropped. Literally, it dropped, just straight down, no angle.

I nosedived, ignoring the rushing in my ears. I was used to it.

Unfortunately, my dear brother was not. Grabbing the snitch, I held it over my head in victory.

"And Slytherin takes the game!" Everything zoned out as the crowd screamed my name.

This was the best day of my life. My team ran to where I was, lifting me onto their shoulders and chanting my name.

After excitement faded, I went to go see Snape. The buzz of winning was still there, making me more jumpy and energetic than before. His cloak was somehow burned?

"Congratulations. You held true to what you said."

"Professor?" I asked, "Did you see—?"

"The hex?" he finished, "I did."

"Do you know who it was?"

"I have a suspicion. In the mean time, Miss Potter, I advise you to be careful. Don't attempt anything too risky."

"Of course, Professor." I replied, feeling safe with Snape watching my back.