17 | v a m p i r e s ?

{T} he first Qudditch tournament was coming closer, and Cedric and I were becoming a sort of friends.

I volunteered at the library almost everyday. I told him everything from Draco to the bigots in Quidditch practice. It's like they've never seen a girl play Quidditch before. Cedric seemed interested in Quidditch, so I promised to show him the basics sometime.

Harry and I were getting a lot closer as well. We talked more, I invited him over during winter break, and honestly, my life was at its peak right now.

The only thing going wrong was Draco. We were only getting further apart from each other. It began to seem like nothing could bring us back to how it was before. He began to lash out more at others, picking on students from other houses. Thus, he became known as the school bully.

I knew he and Harry has a rivalry, even when Harry tried to hide it for my sake. They hated each other.

It was night now, and I couldn't sleep, thinking of something embarrassing I said in front of everyone that day. I sighed, getting up to sit in the common room for a bit.

I walked down the stairs, awaiting the peaceful crackle of the fire. What I found instead, was a platinum headed boy sneaking out.

I battled my conscience, wondering if I should go after him. What was he going to do out so late?

Screw it.

I snuck out. What if the teachers catch me?

Deeply regretting my decision, I tiptoed after him, heart beating so loud, it was a wonder how Draco didn't hear.

We went into the courtyard, heading over to the cozy little cottage.

Getting closer, I heard voices— Harry.

Draco, that little bastard. He was going to snitch. As soon as he looked through he window, his eyes widened. Smirking, he turned to run back to a teacher.

"Potter?" he exclaimed, shocked to see me blocking his path. His smirk was immediately erased, which I have to say, gave me great satisfaction.

"Oh, hello, Malfoy." I said in a sickly sweet tone. "Whatever are you doing there?"

"I-I" he stuttered.

"Here to snitch on my brother?" My voice had a sharp edge to it.

Draco looked at a loss, then composed himself. "What you doing here, Potter?" he sneered, "Looks like you were following me. They should call you Little Stalker instead."

I huffed, "Oh, you're dead, Malfoy!" I growled threateningly. Draco, knowing the drill, began to run.

"Catch me if you can, Potter!"

"Come here you little snitch! We should use you for a goddamn Qudditch game!" I raged, chasing him.

We ran into Professor Mcgonalgall. Quite literally, I might add. Draco stopped in moments of bumping into her, but I crashed into him, resulting in Draco knocking into the poor Professor.

"What is the meaning of this?" She exclaimed.

"I caught Harry and his friends out on curfew, Professor. They had a baby dragon with them." Draco ranted.

"A baby dragon?" she narrowed her eyes.

"Here they come now." Draco smirked.

After she had given them a firm talking to, she dismissed us. "The five of you shall report to detention."

"I'm sorry, Professor, I think I misheard you. You said the five of us?" Draco asked nervously.

"Why, Mr. Malfoy, no matter how noble your intentions were, you were also out on curfew, am I correct?"

Draco scowled, Harry snickering. I groaned inwardly, I had just gotten detention.

We met outside, the crickets chirping earnestly. Hagrid was carrying a crossbow, which unnerved me a bit. Mr. Filch was also there, spewing some information that I definitely did not need to know.

Hagrid cleared his throat, "Okay, we're going to split up into two groups. I'll go with Hermione and Ron. Harry, you, your sister, and Draco can go together."

"My name is Lexi." I introduced.

"Why, hello." Hagrid said warmly.

"Why are we stuck with Malfoy?" Harry complained.

"You sister's the only one who can tolerate him." Ron said, glaring at Draco.

"Again, I'm Lexi."

"Lexi's the only one who can tolerate him." Hermione corrected. I shot her a thankful smile. She was so sweet. How did Harry end up being friends with such a nice girl like her?

Draco harrumphed. "Aren't there vampires at night?"

I smirked, "Aw, is little Malfoy scared?"

"Shut up."

Harry and Draco bickered the entire time, driving me up the wall. "Will both of you shut the hell up?" I said forcefully.

The fog intensified, making it hard to see in front. I was leading the group, driving my way forward. I heard a strange sound in the distance, sending chills through out my body.

"Shut it." I hissed, a touch of fear seeping into my voice. They both must have heard it, as they immediately stopped talking.

I blocked them with my arm, stopping them from continuing. A hooded figure was laying on a slain unicorn, drinking the blood seeping from its wounds. My scar started to burn like hell, and I winced in pain, hearing Harry do the same.

We all screamed, and Draco started to make a run for it. Harry stumbled on a root and tripped, landing on his behind. He scrambled back, as the figure's head turned toward us. My legs felt glued to the spot, pure shock keeping me there. I felt a tug on my hand and realized it was Draco. "Come on, Lexi." he said desperately.

That drove me out of my trance. The figure advanced toward us, reaching out its hands. My hands immediately searched for my wand, pulling it out. I rushed in front of Harry, wand drawn. It was never going to get my brother.

"Voldemort." I whispered, almost questioningly, feeling it in my gut. It was him.

The single utter of its name made it pause, just a second. That was all the time we needed, however, as a centaur jumped in front of us, scaring it away. I pulled Harry to his feet, and realized that Draco was still there. Although he was shivering and frightened to death, he stayed with me.

I gave Harry a long hug and pulled away, searching his face. "You okay?"

He looked to me in a haze of shock and admiration, "Are you?"

I nodded uncertainly. "Thank you." I said shortly to the centaur.

"That was quite brave." he remarked, looking at my uniform, "Not expected of one in green."

I shrugged, a bit insulted, but in no mood to argue. "We rise up to the occasion." I nudged Harry, talk to him. Harry needed to know more than I.

I walked to where Draco was, and grabbed his hand, discovering that it was trembling. Both his and mine. He looked confused, "Potter?"

I engulfed him in a hug, grateful for what he did. After a moment, his tense shoulders loosened, and he hugged me back, digging his face into my shoulder. I missed this.

"Thank you for being brave." I whispered. In response, he only squeezed harder.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

This was my Draco. The kind Draco.