"I couldnt handle it..."

Part two to "just talk to me.." Or the chapter before. This chapter has nothing to do with ffh peter so what happened in the end credit scene, nobody knows about it so it's all good. Vote, comment or whatever❤️❤️
—————————————————————
     You sat in the plastic blue chair in the classroom and looked at frazzled Mr. Harrington stacking his papers. He accidentally gave himself a paper cut and ran himself out of the classroom frantically.

     It was a funny sight to say the least.

Summer was finally over and you had spent your summer mostly indoors watching tv. Except for the news, Spider-Man/Peter was always on it. Labeled a Menace. You hung out occasionally with friends but never the group.
    The classroom door opened and Peter stood in his semi-wrinkled blue and white flannel. Paired with his blue skinny jeans and beat up converse. He gave everyone a brief handsome smile and caught your eyes. His face soon turned to a hurt expression. He walked over to you and sat in the empty chair.
    "Hey." He whispered to you so softly like a little kid talking past it's bedtime.
     "Hi." You answered back feebly and looked up at the ceiling to avoid his eyes.
     "I've missed you, y/n." He said in a soft voice as the bell rang and Mr. Harrington flung the door open to begin class.
———————————
   You and Peter were paired to work on questions 1-17 in the workbook. His elbow lightly touched yours as he wrote on his paper. He started to doodle on the left corner of the lined paper.
    "Did your girlfriend teach you to draw?" You teased and flipped to the page but froze when he uttered the next words.
    "Ex-girlfriend." He sighed but smiled at you. "We realized we were better as friends and I'm good with that."
     "Oh." You said not knowing what to say and began to work silently again unaware that Peter was glancing at you throughout the whole period.
——————————————-
   You stood on the fire escape stairwell outside of your family's apartment complex window. You tugged your (y/f/c) sweater down on your wrists and saw the thunderclouds start to rumble once again.
   You flipped to the next page in your book until you heard a "thwip!" and suddenly, Spider-Man stood in front of you.
    "I can't handle not telling you this, y/n." He sighed and took a step closer to you as the dark-grey clouds started to sprinkle on you. "I can't handle the silence. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't handle you not being by my side. I couldn't handle not going to you when I needed comfort or someone to talk to at 3am in the morning. I couldn't handle not seeing your beautiful face everyday. I couldn't handle your beautiful face being broken since I saw it last. I couldn't handle not being with you."
     "What are you saying Pete?" You whispered to him tearing up as the wind blew your (y/h/c) hair into your face silently as it started to pour harder.
     "I'm in love with you." He said boldly and took steps closer to you as he took his mask off. His dark-brown hair was styled handsomely from the rain and droplets of water hung off his unfairly long eyelashes. "I'm in love with you so much it hurts not being with you. Not being able to talk to you. Listen to your voice. Even see you, just for a second."
     "Peter.."
     "I love you, y/n." He set his hands on each side of you on the wall that you leaned back on. "Please say it back."
     "I love you too. I've always been in love with you, I don't think there was ever time when I wasn't."
      "Oh thank god." He sighed happily and leaned in closer as you closed the space between you two. Matching your lips perfectly to his and ran a hand through his soft damp hair. He began saying "I love you." as he pulled away to catch his breath between kisses.
       "Do you think we'll catch a cold?" You laughed wrinkling your nose at the rain droplets on your face.
       "It's worth it for you." He chuckled and tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear. He leaned in for another kiss.