"Let me in."

You wiped beads of sweat off of your forehead as you turned into the kitchen. Your muscles were tense from a mission yesterday, your graze from a bullet stung. Thoughts of Peter helping you burned in your mind. Blinking away the thoughts you grabbed a glass out of the cabinet. Filling up the glass with water, you gulped it down in a matter of seconds.
The avengers compound was quiet. Either team member were sleeping or anything other than that.
"You okay?"
You whipped your head around to face, Peter Parker. You set the glass down and nodded, trying to settle the blush in your cheeks that would entirely redden your face.
He stood against the wall, pictures of fallen avengers behind him. Your eyes landed on Tony and Nat. The people, not just people. They weren't just people to you, they were family. Tears immediately filled your eyes and you looked at the ground. You blinked them away and tried to compose yourself.
"I'm fine." You answered his question as he walked over to you, his forearms leaning on the counter. You made sure your voice was even to disguise any emotion.
Like you had any left.
"You say that so confidently for someone who wakes up screaming from every sleep they get."
You felt your lips go dry, your tongue darted out in a second. Memories of the wars, the fights and the torture back.
So did the memories of those you lost.
"I don't need to explain myself to you, Parker. We're here because Danvers and Fury want us to become the next Avengers. They need us, people need us. I'm here for them. Not to become buddies." You spat bitterly, the attractive boy straightened to face you.
     His eyes looking at you with sympathy and a hidden emotion. His hands went into his sweatpants pockets and leaned himself against the counter. His body flexed and muscular.
"This is the first time you slept in a while." Your eyes widened and you tried to regain your cool composure. "It's nightmares, isn't it?"
You looked back into his eyes trying to look as coldly as you could.
     You turned around quickly to return back to your room. Trying to escape him. Peter's footsteps echoed in the hallway, his arm grabbed your wrist and he pulled you into his chest.
"Let me in." Peter pleaded, the connection you tried so hard to fight returned. "I know what it's like. You're not alone, Y/n. Talk to me, let me in."
"Like what? Having nightmares? Everyone has nightmares."
"Ones that leave you screaming aren't normal."
Hot tears, you felt betrayed by your emotions. Nat always controlled hers better than you did. Were you forgetting her lessons? Are you forgetting her?
"Hey." Peter's hand cupped your cheek gently and wiped away your burning tears. You pushed his hand off of you. Hurt displayed on his face, like the twinkle in his eyes broke and his lips tightened.
"I can't let you in, Peter." You answered, your voice cracking a bit at the end.
"Why not?" Peter retaliated with a mixture of confusion and anger. "You've been avoiding me, I know what you feel between us can't be ignored. Can't be hidden, so why are you trying so hard to get rid of it? Let me in, Y/n."
"The people, I let in," You felt your emotions break your voice, the lump in your throat rising. "Leave. I let Tony and Nat in, they're gone."
"You weren't the only one who lost them." Peter spoke his face going extremely somber, like his heart shattered more.
               "I know, I wasn't!" You replied with your bottom lip trembling, You bit it hard enough that you were sure you drew blood. "Then you of all people know why I can't let you in. Because, if I do then I have the possibility of losing you. I can't handle losing someone else I care about."
       Your eyes widened as you realized what you said, Peter looked at you. No one had ever looked at you like he did now.
       You went to open your door and felt Peter grab your wrist. He pulled you around to press you to him. You felt a magnetic force pulling you to him. His hand rested on your waist gently and the other let go of your wrist to caress your neck. He leaned in and you welcomed him, being in this moment. His lips molded with yours passionately. His hand running through your hair, it drove you crazy. Your arms wrapped around you, he broke apart. You both caught your breaths, his lips turned into a slight smile. You returned it before feeling your eyes tear up again.
          "I can't lose more people," Peter's stroked your face and pushed a piece of hair behind your ear. A shaky breath pushed through your lips. "I can't lose you."
        "And I can't you lose you." He whispered back. "Let me make sure of it, let me in. Let me be here for you because I want to. I need to. On the battlefield and at home, I'm always going to be here for you."
       He leaned in and kissed my forehead, his hand still cupping your cheek. You reached up and held his hand.
       "C-could you be here for me tonight?" You whispered, feeling vulnerable. Exposed. He nodded and backed up, his hand reached for yours and gripped it. You pushed your bedroom door open. The room was dark but illuminated by the moonlight, you walked over to the bed and laid down. You felt your muscles relax but your heart was still beating passionately from Peter. The bed dipped.
     "Can you hold me?" His arms wrapped around you and you felt him behind you.
       "I'll do anything for you." He kissed your shoulder, you smiled feeling at peace. It felt comfortable to lay next to him. You didn't feel guilty or crushed by letting him in.
      You slept the whole night.
      No nightmares.