Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll be back!!"

Lilani bolted through the store narrowly missing each of the racks of clothes. Finally she escape, finally she could go over to the womens section and browse freely. Her heart raced in anticipation.

Slowing she reached the holy ground of clothes. It was perfect! Unique alien dresses and shoes lining the walkway. That classic smile spread accross her face and she moved closer to feel the material between her fingers.

As she was about to take hold of the dress a hand tapped her shoulder. Lilani turned to meet a tall alien with grey skin and small horns on her head. Her eyes were a beautiful green and Lilani couldn't help but to blush a little.

"Hello sir, can I help you?"

Sir....

Oh thats right, she was still in this disgusting body. The lady looked at her skeptically. she clearly thought that Lilani was up to something because it is rare to see a 'boy' in the girls section. She wanted to answer, to tell the lady that she was just there for clothes like any girl but no words would come. There was nothing she could say, it would just sound like lies and nonsense. She couldn't answer, only lowering her head in shame, feeling the restraints trapping her again, tighter then before.

Retracting her hand Lilani stood there in silence. The store lady didn't know what to do, had she said something wrong? Did she offend the gentleman?

She was absolutly perplexed, she had asked many people the exact same question today; none of them had reacted like this. She couldn't see his face anymore, hidden behind the slowly growing hair.

"Ummm, excuse me sir, are you alright?"

Lilani swallowed deeply and couldn't keep tears from welling anymore. She turned to the store lady and shook her head. Taken back the lady took a hold of the Cuban's hand and together they moved to the women's change room area.

There was another alien women and she watched the two with confusion and a little worry having seen the event unfold before her eyes. The two went into one of the rooms and pulled the curtain close. Lilani stood against the mirror.

"Do you mind telling whats wrong?" Her words were as soft as her expression and for some reason the paladin felt as though she could trust the store girl.

"I'm...I-I'm not a....a sir...."

To some people it might have been confusing but the lady had seen many different people come into the store, many different people in many different situation. It was not uncommon for her to see a person living in the wrong body.

"Alright! I'll go get some things that I think would look lovely on you and you can try them on!" She gleamed loudly and walked out closing the curtain again.

Lilani was in puzzled, she couldn't understand the womans thinking. Shouldn't she be disgusted at the fact that the Cuban was trans. Shouldn't she through her out of the store, shouldn't the lady slap her and hit her over the head???

Lilani was a freak and would never be accepted as herself....right?? (wrong, so wrong)

-----

"Lance?...." Keith scanned the store and couldn't see any sign of the blue paladin. Lance had said that he was going to be back in a moment but it had been 10 minutes and still no sign.

"I swear when I find him, oh he'll be in sooo much trouble!"

The red paladin started walking away from the men's change room, he placed the suits that he didn't want back on the racks and folded the red tie back into his pocket. He went to the register and handed the suit over to the gentleman to be paid for. Lance had selected clothes that were all well under the budget, he knew how much Keith hated spending money.

Taking the bag he turned to leave and go look for the Cuban but when he turned he saw Lance at the other register in the women's section. Why was he in the women's section?

Keith started storming over there, he was furious. Lance had left him in a clothing store just to flirt with women! he honestly shouldn't have expected any more of the boy.

"Lance!" He yelled from across the store

He saw the boy turn to him and a panicked look engulfed his face. Keith saw him frantically shove something onto a bag and move away from the girls at the counter. He swore that Lance looked frightened.

"Hey what were you doing?" There was a moment of silence before a smile spread on the Cuban's face. "Just...hitting up the ladies!"

Fake smile, fake words, fake person. Keith needed to know the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leave a comment 😆

Have a great day or night 😊