Chapter 12

Third POV
"...no....." Lilani hated that word, she hated it. She hated that name.

"No no no nonononoNONONONOOOO!!!!"

Lilani screached as loud as her lungs would currently allow. Her arms struggled against Keith in an effort to break free, she twisted and pulled, only making the raw bleeding skin hurt more.

The red paladin had never seen anything like it, he resembled the shouting and pulling to that of a sea storm; one wave after another, all of various intensity. He continued to hold tight to her arm but knew that if he didn't let go then he would only cause more pain.

The communication device being the only source of light in the room was soon snuffed our as Lilani dung her legs around kicking it against the wall.

"No no noooo!!!" Even though her distorted body was exhausted she carried on yanking harder. "LET ME GO!"

Instantly, without hesitation Keith released the Cuban from his hold. He couldn't see much but herd the thud against the ground, wincing slightly as he imagined the ache.

A shuffling beside him was quiet but somehow frustrated. The half Galra let his eyes adjust to the darkness of the room and the stars that shon through gently highlighted the figure to his left. Once again scratching harshly at the damaged skin.

"Lance stop that, your going to-" "NO"

"Stop calling me that!" The dysphoric paladin began to tap her foot on the metal floor. "I hate that....that name"

With a perplexed and cautious though process Keith started to question what his friend meant. What did he mean by 'hate that name'? Come on Keith think! Why would Lance be so upset by his own name? Unless....

Shuffling closer to the person huddled next to him the high school dropout softly placed his hand on the others shoulder.

"Hey~" His voice was almost angelic. Lilani froze in place, having never really heard him being so...kind?

"What ever it is you can tell me. I have already said that I am here for you." He smiled a little not even caring if it couldn't be seen. "And besides, if you don't tell me then there is no way I can help you. I really want to help you."

The tan girl swore the last part sounded like a plea, rather then a statement.

A silence filled the observatory as Lilani pondered whether or not she should do this. Yes she had promised she would tell him, but now that they are in the actual moment, it was so daunting.

Keith really hoped that they wouldn't back out, he now had an idea of what was going on but just wanted confirmation.

".....if I tell you, will you please keep an open mind about it?"

"I'm half galra, I think I can keep an open mind about things"

He tried to make a joke to relax the mood and it seemed to work as the blue Paladin gave a small raspy giggle.

"Well....well you see...." she dare not look at him. "....you see, I-I I'm a..." god her voice was all over the place.

"....I'm a girl."

The silence was met with arms wrapping around her torso and pulling her into a soft hug as Keith rested his head on hers.

— Time Skip —

The two of them stayed like that for what felt like hours as Lilani quietly broke down into tears against Keith's chest, having only had such an accepting reaction from her sister before.

"Sooo~" The red paladin broke the soothing silence. "Do you have a name I can call you?"

"Your really ok with the fact that I'm trans??" Lilani questioned, still not believing what was happening.

"Yeah. You are who you are and I shouldn't treat you any different." He responded then his face turned to confusion. "Well I mean, differently in the sense that I should use your preferred name and pronouns, but not differently as in 'oh my god she's a freak' you know?"

The Cuban laughed at the flustered talk of the talked male. "Yes, I get what you mean"

Keith awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Lilani."

He looked in her direction and smiled brightly. The stars that illuminated the room allowed the blue paladin to see that amazing smile, and she reciprocated the feeling.

"Now Lilani, I think we should get you to the medical bay."

"Yeah!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with this story. Thank you so much for the support 😊

Leave a comment so I can enjoy your interactions. And if you have any ideas I would love to hear them!

Have a great day or night 😊