Chapter 18

Third POV
Leading him over to the bed both Shiro and Keith sat down sharing a comfortable distance between them. Shiro turned the lights up a little to make the situation a little more meaningful.

The Black Paladin knew that when Keith wanted a 'chat' it was always something he needed help understanding something or his curiosity of the LGBT+ community got the better of him.

That orphan always loved to know more about how people differed from one another. Even if he was so blind to his own understanding of self.

"What did you want to talk about?"

The question was soft however direct, Keith always understood simple things; it just made sense.

He turned to face the man he deemed as brother. And the younger's expression shifted multiple times before settling on utter confusion. He took a solemn breath and raked a hand through his hair. The bedroom silent as Shiro waited to see what was troubling the teen so much.

"This may be completely random, and honestly I can't explain to you why this is on my mind. But what do you know about the trans community. Do you know how people who are trans feel or react to situations?!"

He spoke so fast and with a tone of desperation that made Shiro believe that there was more to the questions then he was going to let on. If the Voltron leader wanted to find out what was truely going on, then he would have to be careful and subtly nudge it out of him.

"Well for start as I wouldn't have any personal experience those concepts." Shiro adjust to sit more on the mattress then he was. "And you may want to elaborate a little more on what kinda of situations you are talking about"

"Well you know, like say if you we're complementing there appearance" the boy gave an expression that practically screamed, what else would I be talking about?

"If you are unaware that they are trans, then highlighting the aspects of there assigned gender at birth would cause them to probably feel intense dysphoria an-"

"No, but what if the person knows they are trans and tries to place emphasis on the gender they are transitioning to; yet they blow up on them?" Keith cut him off mid sentence, he wanted to tell Shiro everything but knew it wasn't his place, so instead he was trying to not give it away in what he was asking.

Shiro pondered for a moment before relaying his thoughts.

"In that case it may stem from a form of distrust in the other person." Shuffling a bit the cyborg sat cross legged on the bed. He was a little fidgety at the present time.

"For example. If the person is MTF and you complement say...their makeup, they might get upset because part of them can't understand how you could see them as female or even pretty. Because in their mind they are some person in the wrong body. They could think you are making fun of them or taking pity."
He rested his head in his hand.

"It may not make sense to you but they would be going through a lot, both physically and emotionally."

Keith begins to mull over the insight given to him by the older man. He could see how Lilani would react like that. He could now understand that maybe his words had could be taken the wrong way. But he also knew that he never meant any harm to the young woman. The Red Paladin moved to copy Shiro sat fully on the plain bed.

"Do you think other species have ways for people to actually change genders, completely?"

"Well maybe..." ok stuff being subtle about this, I want to know. I must know. Shiro places  his robotic hand on Keith's shoulder.

"These are more in-depth then your normal questions Keith. Is there someone you know that is Transgender??" He took a stab in the dark. "Is it Pidge?"

Keith was taken aback by the statement. Shiro was wrong with who it was but he was on the right track. Now the he was beginning to feel bad for talking to Shiro about any of this, because of his actions if he wasn't careful and end it now Lilani could be outed.

"Not sure what gave you that impression."

Keith got up off the bed and semi rushed to the door.

"Thanks for the chat Shiro but I probably should go train."

He panicked and with out a doubt Shiro could tell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted this chapter to be just a chat. It may feel a little rushed. Oh well.

1 chapter a day?! Who is this person? 😂

I like to reiterate that I am not trans therefore I am only speculating what it is actually like.

To keep me motivated I pose a questioner - Ask me something

Hope you like it
Have a great day or night 😊