Chapter 15

A redraw of the front cover to the story for the artwork of the chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third POV The soothing sound of the orchestral music flooded the dance floor, couples from all areas of the room began walking to the center

Third POV
The soothing sound of the orchestral music flooded the dance floor, couples from all areas of the room began walking to the center.

Lilani, placing her hand in Keith's, followed the crowd to the sound of the song. They turned to face one and other as the lights dimmed, slightly changing to a warm hue. Each began to dance slowly, both of the Paladins picking up the rhythm and movements of the Esternan people.

Off to the side, leaning against the wall, the half Galra saw the lady that was flirting with the Cuban earlier; well at least it looked as though she was flirting with hi-her. There was a small stinging sensation forming
in his chest just at the mere thought of it.

As they gently twirled around the ballroom, Keith also took notice of the other Paladins over by the drinks table. It's was only a blurry glimpse but he knew they not pleased with the fact that the two where dancing together.

"This is nice~" the words uttered were quiet but to the sensitive hearing of a Galra it was clear. At the sudden close proximity Lilani rested her head on the shoulder of her dance partner.

"Yeah" Keith responded with the same sweet and quiet voice as his dance partner. "I am surprised that you wanted to dance with me" he admitted, hoping it didn't ruin the moment between them.

"Well I guess I received some pretty great advice" without looking up at him she began to gently sway as the other dancers had begun.

"...Besides, I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not around you."

— The other Paladins —

They didn't join in the dance, none of them felt it necessary to partake in trivial activities such as a dance.

They were more then shocked to not only find the Red Paladin dancing, but with none other than Lance. Allura had half the mind to jump over there and seperate them immediately.

However as she was about to roll up her sleeves Shiro placed his hand on her shoulder. He knew that kind of happiness that radiated from the two, he had felt it from the time him and Adam danced long ago.

"What? You are stopping me?? But they-" "-are just dancing." He took hold of her arm and whilst Pidge and Hunk geeked out at the tech of this world.

"Listen Allura, we did as you said and stopped him from wearing the broache, but I don't see any discomfort of the Esterna people being shown" the Japanese man glanced at them and smiled.

"They are just having fun"

Allura was staring off intently at them, seeing the gentle smiles on their faces. She would have been enjoying herself to, if she was not haunted by the idea that Lance was watching her in her sleep.

The music of the orchestra, guided by the conductor grew louder and faster as the finale closed in. In amongst the noise the princess of altea found herself beside an older lady.

"Wonderful, isn't it?~" the drunken bliss was clear in the voice of the lady as she handed the second drink in her hand to Allura.

"I beg your pardon?" The Altean questioned, she took a sip of the drink as a small courtesy in the social event.

"Just don't be too harsh when you learn the truth"

Allura turned to the left where the lady was, however she was met with an empty space. Come to think of it she could have sworn that the same Esterna lady was with Lance earlier in the evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello everyone, a lot has been happening and honestly I have been going through so much lately. From actually feeling happy for the first time in over 5 years, to discovering difficulties with words and basic communication.

To all those that still follow my stories, thank you ❤️❤️❤️
I know I'm nowhere near as active as I use to be, I'm very scattered at the moment. If you'd like to keep up to date with me a bit more I am on tiktok

I am still going to update this story and create others, I just have to get my thoughts together

I am still going to update this story and create others, I just have to get my thoughts together. So it will still be a bit slow.

Have a great day or night 😊