Chapter 19

Lilani's POV
I shouldn't have run off like that. Keith didn't say anything wrong but I just...well I just didn't know what to do, how was I supposed to react I could just take the compliment. I mean it was really nice but in some way it made me uncomfortable.

When I got to my small room I decided to take a shower to freshen up after the wonderful ball that was hosted on the now allied planet.

The taps of the shower twist around and the water pressure begins to build. Stripping the suit I begrudgingly brought from that lovely store.

Somehow I couldn't miss the reflection that taunted me from the mirror. Finding myself scanning the appearance the saliva in my mount ran dry and a dull aching feeling found it's way into my heart. I felt disgusting.

The only thing that managed to mildly console the growing discomfort was the reminder that Keith had left me, my hair was getting longer. From all the time spent in space (in the middle of a war) the luscious locks that gracefully adorned my head were almost at my shoulders.

Shaking out of the daze that I found myself in I jump into the shower and commenced the washing.

— Time Skip —

After the refreshing shower and a well deserved night skincare routine, I decided to go out and apologise to Allura. I took something precious to her and also invaded her personal privacy.

Part me absolutely hated the fact that she was mad at me and I needed to make things right again.

So I placed a light blue flower headband in my hair and made my way through the castle to find her.

The hallways were empty as always bug you could hear the obnoxious signing that Coran was bellowing out of the medical bay. I swear that he doesn't care that people have sensitive ears and don't what to have their eardrums burst just by walking past the door. Granted I love that he has the guts to not care but still...

I see ducking around the corner in a mad rush was the Half Galra himself. For a moment I debated on whether to go to him but chose against it as I had a mission I needed to stick too.

Continuing my journey I want to see if Allura is on her room, it won't be an ideal setting to have the conversation but it's better then not trying at all. It's funny that people think I like her, I don't really; I see her more as a big grumpy sister. I love her elegant fashion sense and want to get the chance to try it out once this is all fixed.

Passing the other team members rooms I see Shiro walk out, he seemed a little shocked and it makes me wonder if something happened between him and Keith.

"Oh! Yay Lance didn't see you there." He adjusted his posture and directed his attention to me.

"Hey Shiro! Whatcha doing?" I brushed off the horrid name despite it making me want to throw up.

"Ummm....well nothing much at the moment." He glanced me up and down with a rather black expression. "Say you look nice, I think that headband suits you."

My heart sank as I remembered that the accessory placed upon my head. An immediate sweat broke out and I almost wanted to run away. But I stay just to see how this would go, let's just say I get curious easily.

"Thanks! I thought it was the perfect finishing touch for a great night out." I swing hands by side I found it nice that he liked it.

"How about you Lance, where are you off to?" Oh god...I was ok with it being said once but a second time I could help but let my face fall to one of sadness and loss. I stop swinging my body and shrunk back a little.

"....umm...I-I'm going to see Allura." I feel so uncomfortable, so gross. "...I need to apologise...."

"I wish you the best of luck. I want to to know that I wish you could have worn the broach for the ball....Allura told us to persuade you otherwise." He rubbed the back of his head and I stared at him in wonder. "Sorry..."

"I forgive you!" I smile up at him and begin to walk away. "Gotta get going!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! 😊

How are you going?

Hope you like it
Have a great day or night 😊