Chapter 14

I am going to skip ahead because I cannot be bothered writing about a battle. And it has no significance to the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third POV
The paladins, all dressed in their chosen formal attire and accessories were lined up at the top of the grand staircase as the king promptly introduced them to the people of the planet.

The Esterna people were filled with hope and excitement at not only having the Paladins recently save their planet but also getting to spend a wonderful night with them.

It was rare that these people had guests from other planets.

"Please everyone enjoy the festivities and relax in the prosperity of our unity with Voltron!" The Queen exclaimed.

The large space was soon filled with loud music and people chatting and dancing. Lilani stood at the top of the staircase unsure of what to do, everything was so loud and there was so much going on and somehow she was suppose to mingle and not screw up.

Taking a deep breath she moved forward and descended to the floor of new allies. Uncomfortably pulling at the tie around her neck she weaves her way through the crowd. As she walked the sight of the other paladins dancing with the Esterna people entered her vision.

They looked so at ease and without a care. What she wouldn't give to feel that comfortable, however that was not possible because the reminder of her disgusting body made the poor girl want to shrivel into a corner and claw at her healing skin again.

Lilani even happened to see the lone wolf Keith twirling around with a young girl, he even had the smallest of smiles on his face.

What she wouldn't give to not only be the person dancing with him but also wearing a dress like the young Esterna girl.

The red paladin looks to the side and sees Lilani longingly glancing at all of the women in their dresses and jewellery. It broke his heart to know that she wouldn't be able to enjoy the night like the Esterna Queen has wanted.

He was going to walk over to her when the partner he had been dancing with pulled at his arm. "Your not leaving me are you?"

She had her best attempt at a seductive plea on her face but he couldn't help but cringe. Yes he was attracted to multiple types of people but she certainly wasn't one of them. He was only dancing with her because Hunk had seen how lonely she was and given the half Galra across.

"...no..no I'm not." He repsonded letting out a sigh of defeat. He knew that one little thing could upset the alliance.

Lilani kept walking through the dance floor and skimmed past the drinks table not nothing to pick anything up. No one had had asked her to dance, no one had even noticed her.

Coming to a corner staircase on the side of the ballroom she dejectedly sat down on the step as the lights dimmed and a slow 'love song' came on.

"Oh boy..." She removed the tie and held it in her lanky fingers, feeling the silky texture along with all of the shine. Although not as much shone as the broaches.

"Now what's a young gent like yourself doing in the corner of the ballroom by himself?" An older lady walked up to her and sat down.

She had two glasses of a bubbly pink liquid in her hands and moves one to Lilani. The blue Paladin looks at the glass but politely refused the drink as the words of the lady had made her stomach churn.

Lilani continued to look at the women all around the room, more specifically the girl dancing with Keith and Allura. They both had the most beauty and grace, and by god their dresses were absolutely gorgeous.

"Why so jealous?" Lilani turned to the woman who took a large gulp of her drink.

"I'm not jealous...haha..." She looked down at her hands and gently fiddled with them.

"You can't fool this old lady!" She shouts with a joking tone.

"So which is it. Jealous of the girls dancing with the guys, or jealous of the girls~"

How had she been so accurate so quickly. Lilani was beginning to think that everyone could see but the Paladins, beginning to think her teammates were clueless.

"Peace of advise" she turned to Lilani and pulled her in close making sure that the Cuban could clearly hear every word she spoke.

"Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter"

With that she took her leave and disappeared into the sea of people. Lilani let the woman's words sink in and she let a smile grace her lips.
She got up off the step and with the most confidence she could muster and walked towards the red paladin.

"May I have this dance."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for it taking so long
I was going to do a Lilani artwork but I ended up doing these instead 😅

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sorry for it taking so longI was going to do a Lilani artwork but I ended up doing these instead 😅

Instagram
@sketch_it_art

I will try to do one for the next chapter.

Hope you like it 😊
Have a great day or night 😊