Chapter 22

Third POV
It was the next day and the team was sitting on the kitchen with their classic food goo in front of them ready to eat. The peaceful banter between the was rudely interrupted when the Altean Princess burst through.

"I had the worst night EVER" she through her hands in the air in a dramatically overdone expression. She was dressed in her own pink blue and white armour but still had her long white hair flowing around half way down her back.

"Not only was my nighttime routine disrupted but Lance tried to make a move on me!" She was waltzing around the room spouting crazy nonsense at the team and whilst the yellow and green could see that was something Lance would do; Coran, Shiro and Keith new better then to assume that of the young Cuban.

"He was trying to get close to me and pretend that he was someone different!" The Princess gave a clearly fake shiver over her body. "Disgusting."

As if on cue Lilani walked into the room with her jacket hugged around her figure and eyes downcast. Her movements were slow and sluggish, she didn't say a word but instead grabbed a minuscule bole of goo and mindlessly sat down. Never once lifting her head.

"Lil-ahh...what happened to your hair?!" Keith exclaimed with a sense of mild horror as he saw the beauty girls hair practically at shaven length. And it wasn't just the back and sides that were extremely short, it was her whole head.

He was directly opposite her and held a gaping expression. Shiro too was a little confused and a little worried about the sudden change in the Blue Paladin.

With a broken and weak voice she responded. "Well I am a guy and so I cut it."

Keith felt his heart sink. Lilani had said it with such a convincing tone, however it was almost as if she was trying to convince herself.

"But you-you were going to grow it out." He got up and made his way around to her taking ahold of the jacket and pulling the tan girl up from the chair. "It was looking so beautiful! And after telling me that you wanted to grow it out you just suddenly decide to cut it?!"

The Half Galra was angry but not at the sweet girl in front of her. He was angry at what had caused this to happen. No, scratch that. He was furious!!

Lilani didn't fight against the hold, she stood limply and blankly stared into his soul.
"I was born a male and NOTHING can change that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it's a little shorter but I was honestly stumped on how to approach it 😅

Thanks for reading!
If you have any ideas let me know

Have a great day or night 😊