Chapter 25

Original Artwork Mine - Cute Sleepy Snuggles
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third POV
With a fierce grip the Galra soldiers dragged the couple out of the bathroom and onto the main deck.

The two teens weren't the only ones that had been apprehended, as they entered the main deck the rest of the team could be seen tied down and pushed to the floor.

The heads were hung in shame as many more soldiers attempted to hack the system of the ship. There were cables running all throughout to the main Control Panel.

Both Lilani and Keith were brought over to their friends and promptly cuffed. Although this was no time to be petty none of them could seem to make a conversation or even attempt to look at each other, there was still a feeling of discomfort from the previous discussions.

Orders were been given around them and the frantic rushing and grunting of soldiers at work attempting to bring down their enemy.
Although the lights lit dim in the main deck it was clear enough for them all to see what was going on, clear enough for them to see that they had lost without even a chance.

Pidge shuffled forcefully against her bindings, if only she could reach her front pocket, in there would be a controller that could activate some little defence bots she had recently built.

"Hey guys, not gonna say I knew this would happen...but I knew at some point our complacency will get the better of us" Hunk whispered across to his teammates, he had a tendency of stating his beliefs without actually thinking about the situation he's in.

"Well that's great! But did it help us not get caught? NO" Pidge made a snarky comment back at him.

Lilani pulled her body close trying to hide her figure from everyone in the room. She wasn't scared, however the mere thought of everyone seeing how she looked made it feel sick to the stomach.

The half Galra notice this and without a word surrounded her and his protective presence. His eyes still fixated on her but fully aware of all that was happening around them, ready to defend at any given chance.

"Keith, are you ok?" She quietly questioned to him as he once again buried his face into her neck.

Much like before she did not get an adequate response. There was only a low grumble of discontent that sounded from his chest. Lilani was utterly confused as to why he was acting in such an animalistic way.

From the mass of soldiers arose general of high calibre, he wore a uniform much flashier than the rest and carried himself in a way that suggested power.

"Ahh Paladins! So weak and pathetic, how easy it was to take control of you ship" he stood directly in front of the group looking down on them.

"Such a feeble defence that you have in place." He laughed, mocking them with a cruel smile. "It was like child's play!"

True he had taken control of the castle, however he had slightly miscalculated the number of people that were abored. For the ever faithful Coran has made his way below deck to the inner controls and was working on a code that was fight back against their attackers.

"You may have our castle now but you will not hold us long, we will get free and we will fight back!" Allura snapped towards the tall purple creature. "You will fail!"

A boisterous cackle erupted from the confident Galran commander. "You say such obnoxious words when you are trapped like little wobblehogs"

Glancing through his newly acquired prisoners the man noticed how the Red and Blue Paladin were interlocked in a huddle. There was something peculiar about the black haired teen, he was somewhat shielding the smaller one. Very interesting....

— Below Deck —

The Altean man was wizzing and stumbling around the deck trying his best to disconnect functions to the main information core. Not only that but the chatty fella was simultaneously attempting a reboot of the castles defences and general weaponry.

"Oh come on! A balzberry holish works faster then this old machine!" He twiddled the tips of his moustache, squinting at the mess of wires.

Coran was sweating like crazy, he was the only one that managed to escape the attack and it was up to him to fix their problems. It was up to him, but then again he was only one person and there was a mass of soldiers above trying to destroy everything that his grandfather had worked so hard to create.

"If only I could reach that tiny back wire"

From the dusty events of the castle little mice run down and scurried towards the area that Coran was working in. Giving him a little trip they lunged forward and into the little panel going deep towards the wire that Coran just mentioned.

With a little click the system reconnected, sounded through the below deck, they had done it. Springing to his friend Coran made a triumphant jump in the air and the mice followed suit with a squeak. Lights became fully powered and the defences started activating, sensing the intruders.

— Main Deck —

As the lights flickered back on the alarms began ringing through the castle all over again and the doors started locking.

Paladins gleamed remembering that they had Coran on their side, knowing that he had been the one to restore their home.

The commander of the Galra fleet that attacked them showed pure shock on his face. He was sure, absolutely sure that they had everything under control.

There was five paladins and a princess, he had all of them right in front of him; there was no way that they could've performed any countermeasures.

Now you would think that any respectable Galran commander would stand his ground, fight the good fight and die in glorious battle. Be that as it may he was not in the mood for a death today, so he quickly screamed at his men to pack up their equipment and flea.

"Grab those two there, the Red one interests me and I do not see him leaving without the Blue." He muttered across to two soldiers.

They immediately snatched up the Blue Paladin dragging her forward forcefully in the direction of the exit. Lilani tried her hardest to pulled against them, however the lack of food for quite some time had caused her fatigue that would not allow her to stand the struggle.

The two soldiers had no need to apprehend Keith, they knew that once they took what he was protecting he would follow willingly.

Almost as quickly as they came the Galra fled, leaving and trying to avoid the shots being fire at them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That was a longer than expected. I had fun with this chapter I hope it sets the tone for where I am heading.

Hope you like it
Have a great day or night 😊