OP. 2: THE MEETING

Emerald Forest...
3rd person POV.

*BUDDABUDDABUDDA!!*

The deafning noise of four different machine guns broke down the silence of the forest, echoing through it. The beast, however, suffered a worse fate than the surrounding wildlife, which just ran away. Since hundreds of bullets came down at it, its death was instant, but its corpse seemed severely mutilated due to all the rounds that pierced through it.

Christian: "...Well, that was easy." -the Ranger said as he looked at the beast's corpse, which began to turn into dust.- "What the...?"
-He asked, caught by supprise that the unkown creature turned into dust.

Donovan: "Fuck was that thing!?"
-The Marine shouted, also supprised, but mostly by the fact that such a huge creature attacked them. But unfortunately, that wasn't enough.
Multiple red eyes began to appear on the bushes that surrounded the operators.

David: "Uh oh... That's not very nice." -the other Marine said as he looked around- "One, two, eight-thousand! Holy shit they're a lot!"
-David shouted as the hidden creatures showed themselves, appearing to be similar to the one they had killed, but apparently smaller in height and width.

" -the other Marine said as he looked around- "One, two, eight-thousand! Holy shit they're a lot!"-David shouted as the hidden creatures showed themselves, appearing to be similar to the one they had killed, but apparently smaller in height and width

Alex: "They seem pissed that we killed their friend."
-The Delta replied as he switched to his Mossberg 590. David reloaded his SMG, keeping the half-spent magazine. The other two didn't need to, since they had guns with larger capacity.
They all stood there, back to back, waiting for the creatures to make a move. Silence followed for a couple of seconds before they charged at them.

Donovan: "LET'S GO!"
-The Marine shouted before he began to shoot at the creatures with his M60, furiously tearing through them and the vegetation, blowing up some of their limbs with incredible violence.

*BUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDA!*

Meanwhile, Christian decided to do a more tactical approach, crouching to his knees and shooting his M249 towards the beasts, killing every single one that dared step into his line of fire. Due to his gun's higher fire rate, he even ripped some of them in half.

*BRATATATATATATATATATATATA!*

David, however, was having a tougher time, since he didn't have as much capacity as Don and Chris, he had to take a more accurate approach, but still managing to be fast. So he switched his UMP to its two-round burst mode and began to land four accurate rounds upon each upcoming beast.

*BAM-BAM BAM-BAM! BAM-BAM BAM-BAM!*

He kept doing that technique until his magazine was empty, but by that time, one of the creatures got really close to him. There was nothing he could do as the monster jumped straight to him, roaring in pure rage.

*ROOAAAAARRRR!*

*BANG! Schklick-klickt!*

Fortunately, it was stopped mid-air by Alex's saving throw, also known as his pump-action shotgun loaded with 00 Buckshot.