Hunted

I have no idea if the Italian is correct here. 

Bryce slipped again on yet another moss covered rock. He grunted in frustration and pain as one leg slid out from under him. He caught himself, his fingers dug into the bark of close tree. The muscles in his back stretched and ached, still recovering from Maria's lashing all of those weeks ago. He thinks he's permanently injured.

He took a shuddering breath, if that tiger didn't get to him, the unforgiving terrain would. Maria's backyard was a mountain, a true mountain.

He glanced up at the bright orange sky, it was sundown, and he would be torn apart in a couple in an hour, he guessed, depending on intent of getting to him the tiger was. He had no idea how far he had been able to travel but he honestly doubted it was far. He used to go camping and hiking all of the time with his uncle and father back when... he wasn't here. But that was when his body wasn't broken down and weak because of torture and malnutrition. That was when had had proper gear and not being hunted by a tiger.

But what could he do? If being with Maria taught him anything, it was how little he could actually change. He couldn't change Maria? He couldn't change whatever grudge it was she held against him. No, he was forced into working with what he had. Right now, he had an head start and a mission to never leave Krissy alone. Nothing else. Nothing useful.

Bryce wrestled with the canopy until he was able to step out on to a dirty, overgrown path. He glanced left then right. His heart thudded against his ribs as he quietly panted

He was doomed.

(B)(B)

Krissy fidgeted, she couldn't hold still. Her dark eyes gazed out of the window located in Maria office, peering out at the thick wooded area around the woman's home. The sky was a beautiful golden orange. Sundown. Her skin pricked and her stomach ached with worry. She gently pulled at her sweater sleeves, warping the faded material which smells sickeningly of plum spice. Everything smelled like that overbearing odor, now even she did.

"Krissy, could you stop moving, honey? You're making me nauseas."

Krissy forced her eyes from the window and onto the woman on the other side of the office. Maria sat behind a dark-wood desk, her green glasses covered brown eyes locked on the computer screen before her as she lazily hit the computer's keyboard keys.

Krissy took her gaze off the woman and settled it on the floor to wall bookcase behind Maria. Why was this woman doing this? Why was all of this happening to them?

Her fingers curled into fists, nails sinking into her palms. She felt as if she couldn't breathe. Her balled hands came to press against her fluttering chest as she haggardly breathed.

"You shouldn't worry so much," Maria said and briefly glancing up at her over light green frames, before returning to her work, "our Bryce doesn't have to worry about Franky coming for him."

Krissy frowned. "Bu-"

"I'm not finished with my little toy yet." Maria sighed. "Sending a hungry Franky after him would be the end of him. Franky isn't who he is going to have to worry about."

Krissy was unsure if she should feel relieved and happy about the news, verses absolutely furious at falling for one of the woman's tricks again. "So... you said you were going to send a tiger after him just to torture him with fear, desperation and... paranoia, on top of a so call survival experience?" She couldn't help but ask, frustrated tears swam in her eyes. "Why... Why do you hate him so much?"