Connections

Feeling a bit down and updating for you guys usually makes me feel better, so here it goes. Vote. Comment. Thanks.

Krissy had to keep telling herself she did the right thing.

She gazed out of the window of the new bedroom she had been given in Shoura's home. It had just been about thirty minutes since she had arrived and Shoura had personally showed her to the room, rambling on about movies or something before leaving. Her mind was still back with Bryce.

She wondered had she done the right thing.

Krissy let out a breath. She hoped so and as much as it pained her, and it did more than words could describe. She knew she had to move out of the way. She could not be the reason Bryce turned out to be the type of person not there for their child. She had come to this conclusion in the days following Isabella coming to her with the news. She had thought about it painfully and obsessively in those days. She was doing this for Bryce and a part of her knew she was doing it for herself too.

Bryce had told her he had no desire to be with Kate and raise a family, she had urged him to try. He had refused quite angrily after that. She told him the only way Kate would allow him in the child's life without contention was if they were together, she just knew that was the type of woman Kate was, so she told him to think about it. He hadn't even pretended like he would even consider thinking about it. He had made the fact that he believed she would come back once she wasn't so hurt anymore clear. He had told her he would be waiting and that he knew she just needed space. She had tried to explain that it was more than that, but he was back to not paying her words any mind. Still, he had let her go...sort of.

She hadn't expected for him to place her with Shoura of all people. Hadn't he just threatened to shoot the man's head off a couple of months back? Krissy was confused and she didn't know how to feel about the situation or Shoura himself.

Shoura seemed...different. He was always smiling, and as creepy as that may sound, it wasn't. He had a pleasant smile, a disarming one. One that made people comfortable and want to smile back, she supposed that made him dangerous in a way. He was boyish looking and smiled sweetly, but she doubted he was a Russian gang leader just because of his good looks.

He put her on edge. The whole drive to his home he had filled with talking or singing along with the songs on the radio. He was clearly not one for silence and maybe it even made him uncomfortable. She had no idea what to think of Shoura.

Below her in the backyard, Krissy caught sight of a old lady playing fetch with one of the biggest dogs Krissy had ever seen. It resembled a bear more than a dog in her opinion. The animal dwarfed the frail looking old woman with his massive size.

It was a bit of a strange sight, seeing such an old looking woman throwing a football of all balls, and witnessing a giant dog go galloping after it.

"Granny's going to slip a disk again." Krissy's surprised reaction was a violent one as she dropped her cane while simultaneously sending an elbow flying back. It connected and her so called assailant gasped in pain. "Nice..." Shoura moaned as he clutched his stomach. "I would have gone for the neck... but not bad! You have bony elbows, its good you know to weaponize those!"

Krissy stared at the blonde in bewilderment, her fear decreasing a little when she realized who had snuck up on her. She watched as he composed himself and irritation flared up under her skin. "What the hell?"

"No apology?" He questioned.

The woman blinked at him owlishly. "You snuck up on me and you're still standing too close, just in case you didn't notice." She spat defensively. "You should apologize!"